Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Debriefing
By Rob Miller

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my first BMW, a titanium 325i sedan with sport package, manual trans, leather, and xenon headlights, in spring 2003. During the years I had it, it was as close to perfect as a car can be. Nevertheless, a month ago, I traded it on a 2008 328i, with a sport package and manual transmission. The only reasons I traded were that the 2003 was getting old and soon wouldn't be worth much in a trade. While I had it, It was an extraordinarily good car: fun to drive, very reliable, practically trouble-free, and cheap to own because of the 48,000/5 year warranty. If the car hadn't been so good, I would have never bought another. So far, the 328i has been great--another winner!

Favorite Features

I liked most everything about this car! First, it was great looking. Very quiet/serene, even at high speeds. Decent but not great power. Excellent handling, even at high speeds. Reliable and inexpensive to operate. Xenon lights were superior. Controls easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Premium gas suggestions is unnecessary. The front bucket seats were a bit small and uncomfortable. Basically, any criticisms would be nit-picking.

Terrific car
By Jeff

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with 21800 miles, 2 months later I have 27K on it. I love it. Minor issues (I bought it used some are expected), replaced 2 window regulators, and a turn signal and socket. This car is great fun to drive, and I'll definitely own another. Next car may be the new 1-series set to come out next year, or a 3-series lease. Decent power, great handling, great turning radius, and great fun to drive. I have the basic car, about as stripped as a BMW comes (my old Sonata had about the same equipment) but it is still quite nice.

Favorite Features

Handling, smooth as glass engine (acceleration is a pleasure), good power (but could use a little more), sunroof, there is a lot to love about this car.

Suggested Improvements

Why do you have to replace the sockets when you replace a light/turn signal? A tad more power would be nice (the 2007 325i has a lot more power). At this price point why have vinyl seats (make leather standard, or at least cloth), it gets hot in MD and with vinyl my back gets sweaty and sticky.

Disappointed
By JN

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the second 325 I've owned. The first one (2001) had frequent finicky problems besides the major problem of the transmission going out at 55,000 mi. I got the 03 as I figured it was unusual. However after owning this 03 for 2 yrs I will never own another BMW and I can't wait to get out from under this one. When you know the shop manager by first name you know you have a problem. I've never had to have a car in the shop as much as this one. Many many little problems. Nothing major yet but it's only a matter of time. Engine wise and driveability it's a great car, but something is always causing it to be in the shop. I also own a Lexus and NEVER have a problem. Bye Bye BMW

Favorite Features

Driveability, solid feel.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control.

The Greatest Car I've owned
By Pedro

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been one of the best vehicles I've ever owned. I can rely on it, I can take it to its max, I can be a family man but I can also be a sports car driver.

Favorite Features

The looks, the body style and the quietness of the engine when needed.

Suggested Improvements

Add a GPS system standard in all BMWs. Just something else to play with.

Red rocket
By Robert

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We purchased our car from the factory and had the opportunity to legally drive it at Autobahn speeds. At 120 mph, this car is stable and quiet. Since we've been back in the States, we don't drive that fast, but this car is comfortable- even when in tight turns at speed - and even with the "small" engine has the power to comfortably pass at highway speeds. The fit and finish are just great. The transmission shifts smoothly and the car drives well in all types of weather and road conditions. This is a great car.

Favorite Features

Comfortable passenger seating, roomy, enough rear seating. Great engine and transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Nav system could be better.