2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
get a lawyer
By boycottBMW on 10/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Anyone got a good lemon-law lawyer?, cause this company sucks!!!! The car handles well as it should for all that damn money you spent on it, but as far as reliability is concerned, it is horrible! back and forth to the shop, oh, and no loaners. The car keeps staling on me almost killing me and i spoke to all the managers and finally they tell me not to get a lawyer, hahaha. Just did and now they're freaking, cause now they have too spend money for my lawsuit. Wanted to upgrade at first, but now will never buy/lease one again.

BMW owner for life
By Love My BMW on 10/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my Ford Mustang for my BMW and it was the best choice yet ! I have the sport package and personally think it makes a huge difference. The handling and suspension are pure German engineering. I reasearched this to death and for the money and warantee could not find anything close. Acceleration is there when you need it and driving this car is pure pleasure. Its fun, classy and sporty all wrapped up in one. I am 5'1 and the boyfriend is 6'4 the programmable power seats are a great option.

Tall folks should be weary of seats
By backpain on 08/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The BMW has a great sporty solid feel, and holds the road well. Cross wind performance in this car is also excellent. I liked the car very much "except" the seats. I am approx. 6'1 and over the 1 year I owned this car the seats became more and more uncomfortable. Several times I complained and requested some help from the dealer and BMW, and I never got satisfaction. This eventually due to extreme discomfort forced me to sell. Be careful if you are thinking of purchasing this car and you are tall.

Truly the ultimate driving machine
By Bob Marley on 08/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I traded my 2002 Maxima for a 325i. Whilst the BMW doesn't have the same brute power as the 3.5 litre Nissan, it is in a class of its own in every other respect. And it will go as quickly as the Maxima if you work at it just a little. A joy to drive, it handles like a dream. Everything feels just right and the car is as solid as a rock on all roads and in all weather. It also gives the impression of being built to last - nothing feels as though it might break off in your hands, unlike in many American cars, and no cheap plastic anywhere, unlike many American and Japanese cars. Added to all this, it is drop-dead gorgeous, both inside and out.

No Better Choice
By robot on 07/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've owned my Titanium Silver with sports package, leather, and moon roof for 15 months and have had absolutely no problems. Over the years I have had some nice cars--Hondas, Volvos, abd a Mazda Miata--and this is the best one ever. It is beautiful and classy--I just like to look at it sometimes. It handles like a dream, with the perfect combination of sportiness and smooth solid comfort. I'm not easy to please, but my 325i does it for me. Finally, I bought it from a small family dealership and they have treated me very well.

Get the Sport Package!!!!
By usualsuspect on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

As with many of the reviewers I test drove everything in the class. Infiniti G35, Saab 9-3 Vector, Volvo S60, Benz 240, Audi A4. The deciding factor for me was my second test drive in the BMW that had the tighter suspention and sport package. Without the sport package the field is a lot closer in my opinion. With the sport package the BMW handles significantly better and provides a more aggressive performance ride. The 17 inch wheels are much better looking also. I will be a BMW owner for life if they continue to produce attractive looking cars with this level of driving performance.

Laughing like a hyena
By JCRIV on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After driving very modest cars for 27 years, I test drove a few nice ones and BMWs handled like no others. The 5- series was too big for my tastes, and after 30 minutes in a friend's M3 I realized I'd be dead within a week, so the 325 was the logical choice. Four months later I still laugh uproariously every time I approach it, in part because it looks and feels so cool, in part because I traded it in for a 1989 VW Fox. I really wanted Orient Blue, but when the car arrived after a 2-month wait, it was Mystic Blue. The car I used as a template on the dealer's lot was mislabeled on the manifest! Another reason to laugh.

Awesome car!
By siriusbright on 12/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've had my new 2003 BMW325i for only one week and I can definitely say that it's the best car in it's class. The performance is outstanding, the stock stereo sounds great, don't believe the reviews you read saying that the stock is not very good (although I haven't heard the Harmon K upgrade). I test drove all the others, Audi, Lexus, Infiniti, etc. and the BMW was the most fun to drive. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone who likes performance and class.

The right choice
By jamm2003 on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just leased my 2003 325i, and know it was the right choice to make. I test drove an Audi A4 1.8 turbo, and it just doesn't compare to the 325 in any catagory. Everything about the BMW is amazing. I was on a tight budget, so the only extras I got were a sunroof and metallic paint. The car is a dream, and the 5 speed manual trany lets me leave all those noisy Hondas in the dust. Its my everyday NY City car, and it turns heads when I drive down every street. Solid (solid!) ride, luxurious, and the dealership service is nice too - they check the tire pressure for me whenever I want.

two weeks old
By Bogman on 12/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just got my new '03 325i 2 weeks ago. The dealer delivered it to my house from 200 miles away. Everything about the car is great. It could be faster, get better mileage, be more luxurious or handle more like a race car; but this car has the best balance of performance, economy and luxury of any car in its price range. Absolutely brilliant.