2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Love the cars body, hate under the hood
By amfahrni on 05/03/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car used but still with warranty and certified preowned. Had to use the warranty several times to replace many things. Had some problems with the brakes, o2 sensors, lights. Never got the lights resolved. Every time I took it in they said it was fixed but it still reads that I have lights out. Since my warranty expired I have had it brake down on me twice in one month and had to have a huge list of things fixed with a price tag of $2,000 from my friends shop. Which means at any other shop I would never have been able to fix it. Currently it is leaking oil and decides to act up while driving almost daily. The beauty of this cars style is not worth the problems under the hood!

I still know what their missing!!!
By Iowa Architect on 04/24/10 23:30 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Follow up to a 2008 review. I still like driving this car and the looks are great. However, I am starting to have to put $$$ into this car for repairs. BMW ripped me off by denying to pay for a broken sunroof diagnosed at the dealership 2 days before the warranty ran out. It'll take!!$1800!! to repair it. The front end suspension has cost me $700 in the last 6 months and I need to put another $750 into a new driver side ball joint and related parts. Best advice for this car is to buy an extended warranty to at least 100,000 miles. Still love to drive it. Ran at 110+ mph in Wyoming this summer for over 25 miles. WOW!! What their missing is expensive repair bills, but it is still a fun ride!!

330ci
By Bob on 04/08/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha on 02/24/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB on 01/20/10 13:37 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Iíve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

Amazing car!
By VB on 12/30/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. Iíve had it for over a year now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!

Great Buy
By joshcaul on 12/10/09 16:04 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, comfortable and great fuel consumption. I think BMW hit the mark with the 325, my issues are really quite minor. I like the dependability, power, handling and overall style of the car. My soft points are minor, however in a car of this class, these issues should have been addressed prior to production. Cup holder location. I know this sounds petty, however drive it around for a few weeks and you will agree. In order to utilize both cup holders you have to sacrifice your arm rest. Brake dust! I am yet to see a car with this much brake dust. If you are like me and enjoy your car shiny, good luck! Otherwise I love the car and am very happy with the purchase!

2003 BMW 330Ci
By Tom Waite on 12/01/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 330Ci since new. Used the BMW Euro Delivery program. Car has been very reliable. Issues? Sunroof, ignition coils replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing, but I am a fairly conservative driver, and don't drive it hard other than the 600 miles on the autobahn at 90-120 mph when car was new. I routinely obtain 27-30 mpg (5 speed manual, 80% freeway driving with a light foot). Great car and I likely will buy another soon.

OVERRATED
By beemer - not on 11/23/09 16:46 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought new in '03 and always garage kept. Just turned 36K miles with all easy driving. My feeling is that you pay more for a better quality car with the expectation it will hold up better - WRONG!! Had to replace front/back pads & rotors (mostly highway miles) ignition wires, window trim parts, coil spring (never hit a pothole)+++. I really feel the BMW is overrated. The ride is hard especially in rear seat and people complain it's hard to get out of the seat because of the lack of leg room in back and door pillar on side. Also the resale value drops like a bomb after a few short years. All things considered, I would not buy another BMW.

BMW 03 Failure of Equipment
By Carolyn on 09/07/09 07:17 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Tail light harness melted and not working. New transmission after 1000 miles. 4-window regulators replaced. Sunroof mechanism replaced. Radio dial does not work. Front tires ride noisy. No one can fit comfortably in the back seat. BMW will not help you with any parts that fail even though they are inferior products that should not have been used in this car. Parts are cheap and are meant to break to keep their parts and service dept. busy. My husband and I have owned 20 vehicle together and we have put more parts on this car then in all of our car combined. Its sad and never buy BMW, buy a Lexus!! or something more reliable . BMW does not care about fixing their problems.