2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Get A Grip
By 1racefan on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned several competitors cars to the 3 Series, but I'm home now. Do not be lured into an imitation. The "want to be's" will come and go, and the 3 is the package. This car just begs you to do more with it, to use its potential. I'm delighted with the dealer service I've received, also. If you want, got to, have a good time behind the wheel .... there is only one ultimate ride, BMW 330i.

AWESOME
By CYRUS SHOKRAII on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

THE BEST CAR I'VE EVER DRIVEN

Buy two so you can drive one
By Bad Decision on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Car has spent way too much time in the shop. If I wasn't so upside down on trade-in Iwould unload it and get the 320 or maybe the new Saab.

My experiences
By no problems here on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I was just looking over the Edmunds review of the 2002 330i an thought I'd look at the other reviews by people like me to see if they were as satisfied as me. I can't believe that people are complaining about the 330i. I (and the Edmunds reviewers) have had no problems regarding reliability. Truth be told, my wife and I do a rock, paper, scissors EVERY morning to determine who gets the privilege to drive the 20 miles into the City to work. I make up reasons to go to the store just so I can zip around some. This car is fun.

Unbelievable - No Comparison
By jaybee on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

For those seeking performance, comfort, and an all around superlative experience, consider the BMW 330xi. I just took delivery of mine in Europe and the 330xi has so much power that opting for the xi (AWD) model is one of the best decisions you could ever make! Not only does it sport the BMW performance, quick acceleration, awesome handling, the added AWD weight is not noticed, while the traction is unmatched. I found some ice in a parking lot in Switzerland and TRIED to spin it out and COULD NOT do it! You won't go wrong with this car!

New to the ranks
By Happy commuter on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The most you can have on the road. I test drove the G-35 coupe but do not think that it will live up to the hype. This car handles like a dream! I have the sports, premium, and cold weather packages, all are a must have. Put 450 miles in about 5 days only because I ran out of places to drive.

fun to drive but noisy and rough ride
By ncc11702 on 11/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

sports like handling but rought ride may make your daily trip become tiring.

She Handles
By jZ on 11/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

i have yet to drive a car that handles like a bmw. The classic steering, brakes and suspension are hard to beat. Love it every time i am in it. the controls are intuitive and smart.

The most unreliable car ever!!!!!!!
By alilak on 11/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Avoid this whole series. I had a 1998 328i which never had a problem....the new models are total junk. So far in 10 months I have a new CPU, new fuel pump, new relays, new alternator, 2 new batteries, a new AC compressor, and a new sunroof housing. This car has left me stranded on 4 occasions (once while I was driving it back from the dealer). Car is fun to drive, though....when it works.

top of its market segment
By cjclemson on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Test drove a 2003 A4 3.0L Quattro and did not like the "loose" steering relative to the 325xi. The AWD version will not oversteer when compared to RWD BMW's. BMW just has more road feel than any other car we test drove. Backseats are a little cramped, but the performance, safety, and 4yr full- maintenance warranty sold us. We love the car and will probably always keep a BMW in the family for years to come.