Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to drive; very difficult to fix
By Gregg

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let me say that I love my car when it is not in the shop. And that is not to say it has a lot of problems, it just takes 4-5 times to get each item fixed, and the dealer 4 out of 5 times breaks something else that takes 2 visits to get fixed. When my all window button and seat frame broke (I weigh 165 lbs) at 23K, I decided I've had enough. Great looking car and fun to drive, just a headache!! If you are planning on buying one, make sure you are close to a reputable dealer.

One push button convertible top. The fun factor when the top is down.

Leather quality (VERY poor). Every used one with sports pkg has worn corners. Makes resale difficult. Better quality parts, trained mechanics who know what they are doing and how to actually fix problems THE FIRST TIME, and without breaking something else. Factory support by someone who cares.

Doug's Beamer
By Doug

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome Car. 20 seconds after I get in it at teh end of a long stressful day, all the stress just melts away. Fully automatic convertible top goes down in 22 seconds while sitting at a stoplight.

Acceleration

More rear legroom. Better quality auto windshield washer

The Ultimate Driving Machine............
By tc2700

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

They sure nailed it when they came up witht that slogan years back. I was lucky enough to snag a 2004 convertible in late summer and what a car it is! The steering is incredible with a nice heavy secure feel as you are cruising about. I was also amazed at the turning radius, the wheels can cut so far compared to past vehicles. The styling is flat out gorgeous, something about the grill and headlights on a Beemer, definitely a head turner. The top drops in 20 seconds at the push of a button and tucks cleanly away. The interior is laid out well and is comfortable (in the front seat anyway) This car is truly the ultimate!

Push button convertible top, solid steering, heated seats, self-dimming mirrors, passenger side mirror automatically lowers towards curb when car is put in reverse

slighly rattle when top is up, allow key to lower top

good
By DLP

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We drive this car only occasionally because we have other vehicles. I find this car to be a lot of fun. It handles well and drives smoothly. My next car will be another BMW.

You have to buy the convertible. It is a lot of fun

Daytime running lights as standard equipment

Best Ride I Ever Had
By JedsDad

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my '94 325 from a used car dealership. they let me drive it for two days before making a decision. It had over 100k on it but it looked and drove like new. I smiled at the other reviewer's remarks about looking at their car as they walk away. Guilty! It is truly a beautiful car. Classy and sporty. I still would not feel that way if the performance did not match the looks.. and it does.

Auto top, cruise control is intuitive, power window controls are at perfect position.

None that I can think of.