2003 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great Car but some odd owners
By shadeogray on 04/20/11 17:36 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute pleasure to drive. The handling and feel of this car is truly impressive. I saw a post where it said there was limited cargo space. That's a total lie. For a car this size the trunk is quite large. Cup holder placement is a bit odd but that's about my only gripe. I find it comical that people buy a high performance foreign car that is known to be expensive to repair, if you did any amount of home work then you would know this. Then they complain when it's expensive to repair, it's like hitting your head with a hammer then getting mad and surprised that your head hurts, you silly people you LOL. Many things I see being reported smack of a shady repair service. Hardly the cars fault. At least half of what you spend at a dealer is for labor costs. Many of these things can easily be fixed by YOU for much less if you ever care to get out a repair manual and a set of tools. O2 sensors, window issues are all child's play. You know if your engine light is on you can go to almost any Auto zone or other such service and as long as your engine light is on they will read the problem for you for free? Why? Because they want to sell you the part to fix it. Granted this does not apply to all of your issues but it does cover a fair amount of you. Be smart, do your home work and pick up a friggen book and a wrench every now and then or get a KIA. I'll be the guy in the BMW zipping past you and laughing. :) Catch you on the flip side!

325xi
By 325xi on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is an absolute delight to drive. Mileage has been excellent with 20 mpg town and 32 highway. Long trips seem more tolerable due to comfortable, supportive seats. AWD does an exemplary job in snow and rain. We live in a rural area with very rough roads and the car is still reliable and tight at 108,000 miles. This is our second BMW.

Transmission
By Original Owner on 10/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased new in November 2003. Sport and premium package with xenon lights. I took exceptionally good care of the car, always garaged and hardly ever drove it hard.Ignition coil needed replacement at around 10,000 miles and again within 50,000 miles. Front right xenon light went out within 50,000 miles and headlight assembly was replaced. Brakes and discs needed replacement every 25,000 miles. Control arm bushings needed replacement prior to 100,000 miles. Radio replaced at 100,000 miles. Radio dial broke off and radio not working again. Driver side window motor replaced. Now has 125,000 miles and Transmission has issues. Great was car great prior to 100,000 miles.

BMW first timer
By JB on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2003 325CI coupe w/ 5-sp manual. Pure delight to drive. Manual shifter absolutely glides through each gear, never resisting, never sloppy, just smooth as silk. Power is best termed as graceful. Around town, passing, or normal acceleration just FEELS authoritative, confident and agile quick. Interstate driving is where you especially feel like you own the road. Passing cars and filling holes in traffic so effortlessly. When I test drove this car, I had to run the car out through the gears to get an idea of it's power. Quite frankly, my first impression wasn't that high due to it's lack of high-rev power. The 2.5 is never going to be a screamer. But who actually drives a car full-out anyway?

Worst car I have ever owned!
By Maxtar on 08/05/10 18:55 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It all began in 2003 where we got are BMW we wanted it for a very cheap price because we already bought a 45,000 dollar Volvo XC90 we got manual standard package non leather BMW. In fall 2009 the brakes squeaked and we brought It to a dealer that works on BMW's we had to go to 3 of them and finally they worked . We are very mad at it and we hope to sell it in Aug 2010.

Will never have anything but a BMW!
By Nathan on 07/08/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

What more can I say about this fantastic car than it REALLY is the "Ultimate Driving Machine!" Everyone raves about how great the driving experience is, and until you've piloted one, you cannot possibly understand. There is no car for the money that does a better job totally immersing the driver into the drive. The car communicates everything to you through the controls and it constantly amazes me when I point it in a direction and it just goes there without complaining. Sure there are little hiccups here and there. Things are bound to break on a car that's been driven 137,000 miles in just over 7 years. I have never been stranded by my baby. And I always enjoy taking her out for a drive. A++

Love the cars body, hate under the hood
By amfahrni on 05/03/10 14:30 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my car used but still with warranty and certified preowned. Had to use the warranty several times to replace many things. Had some problems with the brakes, o2 sensors, lights. Never got the lights resolved. Every time I took it in they said it was fixed but it still reads that I have lights out. Since my warranty expired I have had it brake down on me twice in one month and had to have a huge list of things fixed with a price tag of $2,000 from my friends shop. Which means at any other shop I would never have been able to fix it. Currently it is leaking oil and decides to act up while driving almost daily. The beauty of this cars style is not worth the problems under the hood!

I still know what their missing!!!
By Iowa Architect on 04/24/10 23:30 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Follow up to a 2008 review. I still like driving this car and the looks are great. However, I am starting to have to put $$$ into this car for repairs. BMW ripped me off by denying to pay for a broken sunroof diagnosed at the dealership 2 days before the warranty ran out. It'll take!!$1800!! to repair it. The front end suspension has cost me $700 in the last 6 months and I need to put another $750 into a new driver side ball joint and related parts. Best advice for this car is to buy an extended warranty to at least 100,000 miles. Still love to drive it. Ran at 110+ mph in Wyoming this summer for over 25 miles. WOW!! What their missing is expensive repair bills, but it is still a fun ride!!

330ci
By Bob on 04/08/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

I had wanted a BMW since I was 16
By Alesha on 02/24/10 21:49 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car is phenomenal. I bought my BMW in March of 2009, almost a year ago, and I still love driving it. The only problem that I've had with it was the rear passenger window fell. Luckily it was an easy fix. Now that I've had a BMW, I really can't imagine ever owning anything else. I love it!