2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
An amazing car! Very satisfied.
By JoelH1025 on 09/29/06 13:12 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been amazing. It performs very well. It's got plenty of power, but certainly not an overwhelming amount. It's enough so that you have no trouble merging, but it's easy to drive. I get about 26-27 mpg overall. It has also been incredibly reliable. My car has 110,000 miles on it, and it has only broken down once. It was a minor problem, too, and it was fixed before the sun went down that day. This car is very comfortable to drive long distances. It's very easy to park, and very maneuverable.

Smooth and Powerful
By BigHal33 on 07/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the sound of the engine. They come up with the slogan the ultimate driving machine and I can see why. It is the most fun car I have ever owned. It absolutely hugs the road. Power is great but handling is even better. I am 6'3" with a bad back so my only problem with it is on long drives my back is achy when I get out of the vehicle. Has great support and lumbar adjustment but it must be my low position that causes me some problems. Not even close though its the best car I have ever owned.

I love my car!
By joevicki on 06/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most fun car I have ever driven. It handles so well in the rain, that I actually enjoy splashing thru the puddles. The dynamic stability control is to thank for this - you can feel it take over as water attempts to change your course. It's turning radius is unbelievable and it's easy to park. It's beautiful (metallic green or teal) and really turns heads. It has great acceleration even at 80 MPH. You have to watch for cops, tho...my husband got a 93 MPH ticket in central Texas and it was easy!

Great Car!!
By suntigen on 05/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car from Desert BMW of Las Vegas. I wouldn't reccomend the experience to other folks. If you live in Vegas, do youself a favor and drive to LA and buy the car. That being said, I love the car! It's solidly built, and stikcs like glue on curves and corners. The AWD with DTC works great and keeps me pointed where I want to go at all times. I wish I had a couple of additional horses, but that's just me I think. It's got a very smooth torque curve, and doesn't pull at all. The car just goes.

Not Quite The Ultimate Driving Machine
By ecb on 02/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. However, I have had to take the car into the dealer for service 3 times in the 8 months I've owned it. The main problem is with with Transmission. Took the car into the dealer to fix this 2 months ago and was told that the parts needed to be ordered and we would be called when they were in...we're still waiting for a call. I've never owned a car as unreliable as this BMW. If you plan to buy a BMW around the Philadelphia, PA area avoid Devon Hill BMW; they are lacking in any customer service ability.

The snow plower
By TACruiser on 02/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I put on my 04' 330XI only 2,300 miles so far, but I just have to say WOW!!! This car is built so solid, and the looks are killer if you put window tints on it!! The snow storm I was in last night was a joy to ride in in this car, for I passed by every vehicle like nothing with limited slippage. The power is good, and the steptronic is fun to pose as a manual driver. Excellent car!!!

I Love This Car!
By Retlaw on 01/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Great car! Very balanced, excellent handling, smooth and powerful. With 6 speed manual, car really moves. Gas mileage is ok, good for this type of performance, pretty good on highway. AWD comes in very handy in New England winters, works good, just stay out of deep snow. Back seats are a little tight, as expected.

330xi - Balanced, Responsive, Fun!
By dancerman on 11/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 330xi is my first BMW automobile. What a wonderfully balanced machine, with precise cornering and handling. It's a joy to drive! The Steptronic transmission shifts quickly and within the high torque range during acceleration. Driver controls are easily reached, and I like how they are angled towards the driver. Sometimes, I drive with the radio off just to enjoy the feel of the solid frame, and the satisfying sound of the engine and exhaust note. The heated seats are quick to warm up. This is a well engineered automobile.

Fun to drive...even to work
By LCh on 11/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought my '03 330xi in 8/03 and it's a fun car to drive. Got the cold & sports packages/ sunroof/bi-xenon. Did not get the premium package but the only thing I miss from the premium pkg is the auto head lights (which is standard on 2004 models. Ride is a little bumpy so my 7months pregnant wife ooughhs and ouchs over bumpy roads. Told my wife I HAD to get this car because the only thing I like about going to work is the drive to and from work...so I NEEDED a bimmer. Live in NJ and haven't had a chance to test it in the snow yet...but looking forward to the first snowfall. Drives and corners beautifully.

Real men drive German
By Dr. T. on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I presume that if you do not want to think nor drive, then buy a Lexus or similiar vehicle. But for the true satisfaction of feeling and experiencing the road, buy a German car, With BMW, you get more for your money than the other comparable autos.