Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 330xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

An amazing car! Very satisfied.
By JoelH1025

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been amazing. It performs very well. It's got plenty of power, but certainly not an overwhelming amount. It's enough so that you have no trouble merging, but it's easy to drive. I get about 26-27 mpg overall. It has also been incredibly reliable. My car has 110,000 miles on it, and it has only broken down once. It was a minor problem, too, and it was fixed before the sun went down that day. This car is very comfortable to drive long distances. It's very easy to park, and very maneuverable.

Favorite Features

The exterior design is very nice. I love the heated seats. The climate control works very well. The rain sensor is a nice feature.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the cushion of the front seat was longer. It ends about an inch and a half behind my knees. I also don't like the interior wood. I have a black interior, and the only wood offered is dark. The interior feels like a cave after a while. Go for gray or tan interior.

Smooth and Powerful
By BigHal33

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the sound of the engine. They come up with the slogan the ultimate driving machine and I can see why. It is the most fun car I have ever owned. It absolutely hugs the road. Power is great but handling is even better. I am 6'3" with a bad back so my only problem with it is on long drives my back is achy when I get out of the vehicle. Has great support and lumbar adjustment but it must be my low position that causes me some problems. Not even close though its the best car I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Heated seats are warm in a flash. Gotta get the Xenon headlights they are awesome. Cool how yu can open up the windows and sunroof on a hot day with your remote.

Suggested Improvements

Needs more storage in console. Needs a garage door opener built in as std. Come on Germans you missed the boat on that one.

I love my car!
By joevicki

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is the most fun car I have ever driven. It handles so well in the rain, that I actually enjoy splashing thru the puddles. The dynamic stability control is to thank for this - you can feel it take over as water attempts to change your course. It's turning radius is unbelievable and it's easy to park. It's beautiful (metallic green or teal) and really turns heads. It has great acceleration even at 80 MPH. You have to watch for cops, tho...my husband got a 93 MPH ticket in central Texas and it was easy!

Favorite Features

Cupholders - the main reason I was looking for a new car was that I hated the cupholders in my 99 Volvo S70 T-5. Oh, and again, the turning radius and general handling is unbelievably great. The peace of mind of the run-flat tires is also helpful.

Suggested Improvements

The tires seem to lose air quickly...thanx for the air pressure sensors to help me keep them correctly aired.

Great Car!!
By suntigen

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car from Desert BMW of Las Vegas. I wouldn't reccomend the experience to other folks. If you live in Vegas, do youself a favor and drive to LA and buy the car. That being said, I love the car! It's solidly built, and stikcs like glue on curves and corners. The AWD with DTC works great and keeps me pointed where I want to go at all times. I wish I had a couple of additional horses, but that's just me I think. It's got a very smooth torque curve, and doesn't pull at all. The car just goes.

Favorite Features

I love the drive and handling. Honestly.. it's a dream to take on curvey roads or highways! I also love the Nav/Bluetooth Phone features. Couldn't live without these gizmos

Suggested Improvements

Pick up the HP a little. While it's a steady output, I'd like to get a little more kick. I would also like to see dual-zone climate control, and some features (like Homelink) should be standard with the Lux Packages.

Not Quite The Ultimate Driving Machine
By ecb

2003 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving this car. However, I have had to take the car into the dealer for service 3 times in the 8 months I've owned it. The main problem is with with Transmission. Took the car into the dealer to fix this 2 months ago and was told that the parts needed to be ordered and we would be called when they were in...we're still waiting for a call. I've never owned a car as unreliable as this BMW. If you plan to buy a BMW around the Philadelphia, PA area avoid Devon Hill BMW; they are lacking in any customer service ability.

Favorite Features

The performace is amazing. The car accelerates and handles better than any car I've ever owned. The AWD works great in bad weather and provides peace of mind when driving in snow and ice.

Suggested Improvements

The car is the least reliable car I've ever had. 3 service problems in 8 months is pathetic for any car...never mind a care over $30K . The BMW customer service from BMWUSA to the dealer (Devon Hill BMW) is very poor