Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

2003 BMW 330Ci
By Tom Waite

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 330Ci since new. Used the BMW Euro Delivery program. Car has been very reliable. Issues? Sunroof, ignition coils replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing, but I am a fairly conservative driver, and don't drive it hard other than the 600 miles on the autobahn at 90-120 mph when car was new. I routinely obtain 27-30 mpg (5 speed manual, 80% freeway driving with a light foot). Great car and I likely will buy another soon.

Handling, safety, comfort.

Seats could have a little more thigh support. I'm long legged. Not a big cabin, but I think the car is the ideal size.

BEST Car I've EVER Owned!
By Brent

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd one I've owned, and 2 other family members as well. None of us have had a minutes trouble with them. Owned Japanese during 80's/90's, until my 1st 330Ci. Gas mileage is amazing for such a powerful car. I average 35+ by keeping it at steady speed, but it has more than enough power when needed (couldn't tell the difference in it & my sisters M3). Hugs road like a dream. I should have flipped several times, once in rain, once avoiding a deer on curve, and it proved its safety engineering. One collision left me with MINIMAL damage compared to the other guy. I will forever have my children and parents in this car. Service is impeccable...take care of it and it will take care of you.

Lifetime of engine 85,000-120,000 and still going! Comfort...9 hrs non-stop on road at time, don't even feel tired. Great Gas mileage!! Easy to maintain. Road handling feels very safe(idk heavy weight or just good engineering). SAFE CAR!! Awesome sound system. Great re-sale if I could ever part from it.

Nothing as far as reliability, mechanics, longevity of the car. Big, red, alarm bulb on rear-view mirror is a little much (but they've never been stolen). Better place to rest cell phone and connections than cup holders. Front end designed better under bumper so not to drag parking curbs/deep driveways.

Love my 330Ci
By Dennis Soapes

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car now over 5 years and still very fun to drive. Reliability has been spotty. Warranty: sunroof, ignition coils, left window regulator. I've paid to have the passenger side electronic door lock replaced ($700) and the CD player. It started skipping. Factory replacement would have been over $700. I put in a Pioneer Premium with Sirius, HD radio, iPod and MP3 player for about $1000. But the car is great and I love it. The lumbar adjustment has stopped working; I'll live with it.

Handling, performance, design

Reliability.

A true driver's automobile!
By Dave

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has a ride and suspension like no other. I have driven A4s and C-Classes, but neither can hang with this car. It may not be the hot rod like the G35, but would smoke it on the track when it came to overall performance. Not to mention the I-6 is the most refined engine you can buy. If you've never driven a BMW, you haven't driven.

The sing of its all business I-6 and a suspension that holds the road. Your body gives before the car will.

Cold air intake and exhuast to open 'em up.

Looking for something fun to drive?
By JJD

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! The handling is terrific. The premium package and sport package are a must. The Harmon Kardon stereo and interior make for an enjoyable driving experience. This is a very low maintenance vehicle to own.

Suspension and steering. Both make this car fun to drive. The engine is bulletproof. Most reliable vehicle I have owned.

More horsepower. I would like to have more get up and go. Only real issue with car, the interior door molding needed to be replaced because the adhesive failed both driver and passenger side. Dealer said it was common problem with this car during warm, humid, summer temps. All covered under warranty