2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2003 BMW 330Ci
By Tom Waite on 12/01/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 330Ci since new. Used the BMW Euro Delivery program. Car has been very reliable. Issues? Sunroof, ignition coils replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing, but I am a fairly conservative driver, and don't drive it hard other than the 600 miles on the autobahn at 90-120 mph when car was new. I routinely obtain 27-30 mpg (5 speed manual, 80% freeway driving with a light foot). Great car and I likely will buy another soon.

BEST Car I've EVER Owned!
By Brent on 08/07/09 00:38 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd one I've owned, and 2 other family members as well. None of us have had a minutes trouble with them. Owned Japanese during 80's/90's, until my 1st 330Ci. Gas mileage is amazing for such a powerful car. I average 35+ by keeping it at steady speed, but it has more than enough power when needed (couldn't tell the difference in it & my sisters M3). Hugs road like a dream. I should have flipped several times, once in rain, once avoiding a deer on curve, and it proved its safety engineering. One collision left me with MINIMAL damage compared to the other guy. I will forever have my children and parents in this car. Service is impeccable...take care of it and it will take care of you.

Love my 330Ci
By Dennis Soapes on 12/31/08 12:01 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car now over 5 years and still very fun to drive. Reliability has been spotty. Warranty: sunroof, ignition coils, left window regulator. I've paid to have the passenger side electronic door lock replaced ($700) and the CD player. It started skipping. Factory replacement would have been over $700. I put in a Pioneer Premium with Sirius, HD radio, iPod and MP3 player for about $1000. But the car is great and I love it. The lumbar adjustment has stopped working; I'll live with it.

A true driver's automobile!
By Dave on 05/09/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has a ride and suspension like no other. I have driven A4s and C-Classes, but neither can hang with this car. It may not be the hot rod like the G35, but would smoke it on the track when it came to overall performance. Not to mention the I-6 is the most refined engine you can buy. If you've never driven a BMW, you haven't driven.

Looking for something fun to drive?
By JJD on 11/25/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! The handling is terrific. The premium package and sport package are a must. The Harmon Kardon stereo and interior make for an enjoyable driving experience. This is a very low maintenance vehicle to own.

BMW 330 Ci
By trrbo on 11/05/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the 330 Ci, its fun to drive and gets lots of looks. The car rattles and you have to slam the doors to get them to shut. The interior trim has fallen off several times, and the check coolant light won't go off, even after 3 trips to the dealer. The car also pulls to the left since new, and the dealer says it is normal.

Everything I dreamed it would be
By nurserachett on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This to be my dream car and knew that I would have one some day. Not only has it met my expectations, but it has exceeded them. I didn't realize that the BMW 330ci was such a peppy little thing! It really gets up and goes and is such a joy to drive. It is beautiful to look at and makes me feel on top of the world when I am behind the wheel!

My 330
By Manfredeaf on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is fun to drive. The powerful engine with the Tip Tronic gear system helps in critical situation when top exceleration is required. Fun to drive in the mountains!

A fine automobile
By Matas on 11/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

While considered an entry level sport sedan, I think both the power and the interior ride and comfort exceed even some of its mid range competiton.

Buy one if you can.
By Dutch on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is the greatest vehicle I have ever owned. The dealer told me that it would be likely that the next car I purchase after this one would be a BMW and he was very likely correct. Not only is it fun to drive but the chicks love it too. An unbeatable combination.