2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW first timer
By JB on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2003 325CI coupe w/ 5-sp manual. Pure delight to drive. Manual shifter absolutely glides through each gear, never resisting, never sloppy, just smooth as silk. Power is best termed as graceful. Around town, passing, or normal acceleration just FEELS authoritative, confident and agile quick. Interstate driving is where you especially feel like you own the road. Passing cars and filling holes in traffic so effortlessly. When I test drove this car, I had to run the car out through the gears to get an idea of it's power. Quite frankly, my first impression wasn't that high due to it's lack of high-rev power. The 2.5 is never going to be a screamer. But who actually drives a car full-out anyway?

Love this car
By Ferrari on 09/04/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car over a year ago and have had no major problems. I bought it Certified Pre-owned from a BMW dealer, paid a slight premium because of it, but well worth it. I can't stress enough how much I love this car. The handling is amazing, the beauty of the exterior is flashy and immediately recognized, and the interior is sleek and classy. Corner handling is great, and the sound of the 6 cylinder engine revving up is well worth the hype. The only downside is a few awkward features inside, such as the second cup holder. It is located right below the center armrest, and the center storage holds, at best, a wallet and pad of paper. Hardly reason enough not to love the car though.

Problem since day 1
By elizabeth on 05/26/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I will just list the problems: 1. "service engine soon light" came on while driving home the day I purchased this car with only 20 miles on it. 2. starter replaced. 3. sunroof malfunction. 4. transmission thumping when coming to a stop - dealer reprogrammed computer. 5. Driver door handle broken. 6. Remote on key stopped working (couldn't unlock door). 7. Interior moulding around doors falling down on driver and passenger side. 8. Engine/ignition coil caused engine light to come on - recalled item. 9. Currently in shop for multiple other mechanical problems. The most frustrating part is that most of these problems each required several trips to the dealer to be fixed correctly. Very disappointed!!

Meets high expectations
By tw on 05/18/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Every time I get into this car I feel good. This makes up for what ever short comings there may be; at the moment, I can't think of any.

Bmw simply a pleasure to drive
By dr d on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The Bmw 3 series is pure fun, luxury, performance and quality all rolled into one nice little package.

Great exterior, dodgey interior.........
By Steven Zimbelman on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the exterior styling of my 325 CI! Unfortunately the interior stylists were not as talented. Power window controlsa are place uncomfortably. Passenger powerseat controls are inconveniantly places for the driver to operate and the seatbelts constantly get hungup on the seat release levers. A subtle reshaping of the sunvisors would allow them more upward movement. The coin holder is a rediculous and ill- located design. The armrest covers one of the cupholders unless lifted up.... Not well designer on the whole. The Japanese have it better thought out.

my 6th bimmer
By Eddie Pena on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

this is my 5th bimmer, and over all all of them are very good, not excellent. leather seats its poor quality, they break and crack in less than 3 years old,and carpets they are not very good either, engine is very reliable.

Interior design
By Shirley Lawver on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love my BMW except for the completely uncomfortable front passenger seat and nearly unusable console. Additionally the seat belts are difficult to use and are positioned so that the belt sits across your neck and continues to tighten as you move. Except for the cup holders, I find no way to use the console compartments. The interior design will have to be significantly improved before I purchase anothe BMW 3 series coupe.

Red made me say WOW!
By BlakeAustin on 08/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There is no doubt that the combination of ggod looks and rock solid handling and braking are what sells this car. Those items cannot be improved a great deal. It got me to shell out the money. I think the sport seats have good lateral and lumbar support. What could be improved is the horsepower. By the way, if you want a BMW dealer that treats you as you would expect, go to BMW of Peoria, IL. I live in St. Louis, MO and it was worth driving 6 hours round trip. My salesman and the sales manager jumped through hoops for me with a smile on their face.

nice
By Spenser on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

its a nice car