2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
BMW first timer
By JB on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

2003 325CI coupe w/ 5-sp manual. Pure delight to drive. Manual shifter absolutely glides through each gear, never resisting, never sloppy, just smooth as silk. Power is best termed as graceful. Around town, passing, or normal acceleration just FEELS authoritative, confident and agile quick. Interstate driving is where you especially feel like you own the road. Passing cars and filling holes in traffic so effortlessly. When I test drove this car, I had to run the car out through the gears to get an idea of it's power. Quite frankly, my first impression wasn't that high due to it's lack of high-rev power. The 2.5 is never going to be a screamer. But who actually drives a car full-out anyway?

2003 BMW 330Ci
By Tom Waite on 12/01/09 12:59 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this 2003 330Ci since new. Used the BMW Euro Delivery program. Car has been very reliable. Issues? Sunroof, ignition coils replaced under warranty. Otherwise nothing, but I am a fairly conservative driver, and don't drive it hard other than the 600 miles on the autobahn at 90-120 mph when car was new. I routinely obtain 27-30 mpg (5 speed manual, 80% freeway driving with a light foot). Great car and I likely will buy another soon.

BEST Car I've EVER Owned!
By Brent on 08/07/09 00:38 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the 3rd one I've owned, and 2 other family members as well. None of us have had a minutes trouble with them. Owned Japanese during 80's/90's, until my 1st 330Ci. Gas mileage is amazing for such a powerful car. I average 35+ by keeping it at steady speed, but it has more than enough power when needed (couldn't tell the difference in it & my sisters M3). Hugs road like a dream. I should have flipped several times, once in rain, once avoiding a deer on curve, and it proved its safety engineering. One collision left me with MINIMAL damage compared to the other guy. I will forever have my children and parents in this car. Service is impeccable...take care of it and it will take care of you.

Love my 330Ci
By Dennis Soapes on 12/31/08 12:01 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car now over 5 years and still very fun to drive. Reliability has been spotty. Warranty: sunroof, ignition coils, left window regulator. I've paid to have the passenger side electronic door lock replaced ($700) and the CD player. It started skipping. Factory replacement would have been over $700. I put in a Pioneer Premium with Sirius, HD radio, iPod and MP3 player for about $1000. But the car is great and I love it. The lumbar adjustment has stopped working; I'll live with it.

Love this car
By Ferrari on 09/04/07 13:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car over a year ago and have had no major problems. I bought it Certified Pre-owned from a BMW dealer, paid a slight premium because of it, but well worth it. I can't stress enough how much I love this car. The handling is amazing, the beauty of the exterior is flashy and immediately recognized, and the interior is sleek and classy. Corner handling is great, and the sound of the 6 cylinder engine revving up is well worth the hype. The only downside is a few awkward features inside, such as the second cup holder. It is located right below the center armrest, and the center storage holds, at best, a wallet and pad of paper. Hardly reason enough not to love the car though.

Problem since day 1
By elizabeth on 05/26/07 19:00 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I will just list the problems: 1. "service engine soon light" came on while driving home the day I purchased this car with only 20 miles on it. 2. starter replaced. 3. sunroof malfunction. 4. transmission thumping when coming to a stop - dealer reprogrammed computer. 5. Driver door handle broken. 6. Remote on key stopped working (couldn't unlock door). 7. Interior moulding around doors falling down on driver and passenger side. 8. Engine/ignition coil caused engine light to come on - recalled item. 9. Currently in shop for multiple other mechanical problems. The most frustrating part is that most of these problems each required several trips to the dealer to be fixed correctly. Very disappointed!!

A true driver's automobile!
By Dave on 05/09/07 16:15 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This vehicle has a ride and suspension like no other. I have driven A4s and C-Classes, but neither can hang with this car. It may not be the hot rod like the G35, but would smoke it on the track when it came to overall performance. Not to mention the I-6 is the most refined engine you can buy. If you've never driven a BMW, you haven't driven.

Looking for something fun to drive?
By JJD on 11/25/05 08:18 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a blast to drive! The handling is terrific. The premium package and sport package are a must. The Harmon Kardon stereo and interior make for an enjoyable driving experience. This is a very low maintenance vehicle to own.

BMW 330 Ci
By trrbo on 11/05/05 12:07 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I like the 330 Ci, its fun to drive and gets lots of looks. The car rattles and you have to slam the doors to get them to shut. The interior trim has fallen off several times, and the check coolant light won't go off, even after 3 trips to the dealer. The car also pulls to the left since new, and the dealer says it is normal.

Meets high expectations
By tw on 05/18/05 16:29 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Every time I get into this car I feel good. This makes up for what ever short comings there may be; at the moment, I can't think of any.