Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Just keeps getting better!
By bogmailer

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 4 of these 3 series convertibles since 1989 as despite test driving and buying other brands (porsche/Merc/Jag) I keep going back to the 3 series convertible with the straight 6 motor. This car is always a joy to drive, fun and fast and with a tremendous engine sound. My current car a tiptronic 3 ltr is now 8 years old and still runsa like new, is cheap to service and at speed is very nimble unlike modern heavy cars. I keep saying to myself I should trade the car but then I get back in the 3, drop the roof and immediatley start smiling. BMW got it right with this car, it will remain a classic.

Favorite Features

The whole car and driving experience.

330ci
By Bob

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

Favorite Features

Convertible top soft front seats and. Seat heaters, handeling.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality cars please, i don't complain about the comfort after all i did get the coupe convertible i can't expect comfort in that.

Ready for my third 3 series.
By Dan C.

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Started with a 328Ci convertible - loved it and sold it to an employee - she's still driving it. Currently own 330Ci conv. - almost 6 years later and still love it. No problems mechanically, looks as good as new, fun to drive, responsive, quick. Have absolutely no negatives for this car and tough to part with such a nice car, but ready for a 335Ci convertible for the spring. I would really have to wonder about some of the negative comments on this model - I have none.

Favorite Features

Classic looks and great performance. No others in this class have caught up to the 3 series BMW for overall combination of qualities.

Suggested Improvements

None

Definitely the ultimate driving machine!
By Arlene

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Driving my BMW feels like a million dollars! Of course the top down on a beautiful day is beyond comparision. Drives like a dream. Service is top notch. They treat you like you should be treated. I'd recommend one to everyone. I keep telling my friends if you want one get one! We deserve it. Got mine preowned (1 year, 9000 miles) and saved thousands. It's the way to go.

Favorite Features

The convertible is just great! Radio sounds wonderful. Top goes down with such ease. I can put it down at a traffic light!

Suggested Improvements

Difficult to get in and out of. Sitting in the back is comfortable once you're in but when the top is down it's tough. (real tough) Regular gas would be nice too! With gas prices going up it cost near $50 to fill it!

Best Convertible on the Market
By Astaire2

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have been a convertible lover since day one, and when I was in the market for a new one, I test drove them all, mazda, ford, Mercedes, Jaguar, and the all the convertible BMW models and the 33o fit me like a glove. I live in Chicago so the hard top for the winter is perfect. The interior is a dream, GPS, voice command phone system (only With Sprint Service), convenient controls on the steering wheel, and leather seats to die for.

Favorite Features

The engine has the power to put you against the headrest but you always feel you are controling the car. Traction control is amazing in winter, rainy conditions, safety features are without equal. I like a REAL WORLD convertible with luxury features and this is it.

Suggested Improvements

Update the in car cell phone and find a better place to put in than where the only cup holders are. Really sucks to have NO cupholders if you have an in car cell phone.