Used 2003 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE: Convertible - Automatic 2003 330Ci
By travelgal1

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I did all my research before buying the 2003 a few months back. I thought it would give me good gas mileage; but it is the worse I have ever had. I average 14.3-15.3 mpg. I thought it would be at least 20, 21. I would not have bought if I knew it would be this bad. I have new tires, tune-up, oil change, runs good. So there should be no reason why I'm getting such bad mileage. I like the way the car looks and drives, but sits kind of low to the ground. A bit hard to get in and out of. The convertible top works perfectly and I use often. It costs me $80 to fill up ($4.25 gallon); I work from home and just drive near home to get groceries, bank and take my dog to the park.

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Iíve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

It is very reliable and doesnít cost much to maintain if you donít go to the dealership.

My front sport seats have bolsters too far apart. It wouldíve been nice to have an option to inflate the bolsters (like in M3).The rear seats are not that comfortable. The bottom part of the seat is on the very steep incline. It looks great and is functional, but not comfortable. All very minor.

Amazing car!

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. Iíve had it for over a year now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!

Ultimate Tanning Machine!

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great Car! The car is 6 years old and still turns heads. It certainly turns mine every time I walk away from it. The car offers great balance of performance and luxury. The fact that it is a convertible is an icing on the cake. It is very quiet with the top up and offers great insulation (even during WI winter).

Convertible top and manual transmission (upgraded to an Auto Solutions Ultra Short Shifter Kit).

My only complaint is about the sport package seats. They look great but are not the most comfortable seats in the world. Aside from that, wonderful car.

Still fun, but expensive
By DennisGNY

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

One of the car's best features was BMW's all inclusive warranty (I also was able to buy a second year coverage). While I didn't have any major complaints the first year, BMW paid for thousands of dollars in parts and labor (mostly electronic). Fun to drive, very expensive to fix. Worn parts like springs, bushings & brakes should have lasted much longer. Based on my first two years experience I purchased a third party warranty to cover the next 37,000 miles. Don't buy a BMW without a BMW warranty. None the less the car is fun to drive, performance is excellent and you can feel the assuredness that is built into the car. Put on the Ray Bans, find an open road, drop the top and crank up the stereo.

Outside styling, smooth acceleration, quick stopping brakes, stereo, steering, road handling.

Front seat's a bit cramped. I think they made all the improvements in the new model.