2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE: Convertible - Automatic 2003 330Ci
By travelgal1 on 05/12/14 14:42 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I did all my research before buying the 2003 a few months back. I thought it would give me good gas mileage; but it is the worse I have ever had. I average 14.3-15.3 mpg. I thought it would be at least 20, 21. I would not have bought if I knew it would be this bad. I have new tires, tune-up, oil change, runs good. So there should be no reason why I'm getting such bad mileage. I like the way the car looks and drives, but sits kind of low to the ground. A bit hard to get in and out of. The convertible top works perfectly and I use often. It costs me $80 to fill up ($4.25 gallon); I work from home and just drive near home to get groceries, bank and take my dog to the park.

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB on 01/20/10 13:37 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I’ve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesn’t stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

Amazing car!
By VB on 12/30/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. I’ve had it for over a year now and obsession doesn’t stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!

Ultimate Tanning Machine!
By VB on 08/30/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great Car! The car is 6 years old and still turns heads. It certainly turns mine every time I walk away from it. The car offers great balance of performance and luxury. The fact that it is a convertible is an icing on the cake. It is very quiet with the top up and offers great insulation (even during WI winter).

Still fun, but expensive
By DennisGNY on 07/20/09 15:02 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

One of the car's best features was BMW's all inclusive warranty (I also was able to buy a second year coverage). While I didn't have any major complaints the first year, BMW paid for thousands of dollars in parts and labor (mostly electronic). Fun to drive, very expensive to fix. Worn parts like springs, bushings & brakes should have lasted much longer. Based on my first two years experience I purchased a third party warranty to cover the next 37,000 miles. Don't buy a BMW without a BMW warranty. None the less the car is fun to drive, performance is excellent and you can feel the assuredness that is built into the car. Put on the Ray Bans, find an open road, drop the top and crank up the stereo.

Fun to drive; very difficult to fix
By Gregg on 06/19/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let me say that I love my car when it is not in the shop. And that is not to say it has a lot of problems, it just takes 4-5 times to get each item fixed, and the dealer 4 out of 5 times breaks something else that takes 2 visits to get fixed. When my all window button and seat frame broke (I weigh 165 lbs) at 23K, I decided I've had enough. Great looking car and fun to drive, just a headache!! If you are planning on buying one, make sure you are close to a reputable dealer.

Doug's Beamer
By Doug on 03/27/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome Car. 20 seconds after I get in it at teh end of a long stressful day, all the stress just melts away. Fully automatic convertible top goes down in 22 seconds while sitting at a stoplight.

The Ultimate Driving Machine............
By tc2700 on 01/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

They sure nailed it when they came up witht that slogan years back. I was lucky enough to snag a 2004 convertible in late summer and what a car it is! The steering is incredible with a nice heavy secure feel as you are cruising about. I was also amazed at the turning radius, the wheels can cut so far compared to past vehicles. The styling is flat out gorgeous, something about the grill and headlights on a Beemer, definitely a head turner. The top drops in 20 seconds at the push of a button and tucks cleanly away. The interior is laid out well and is comfortable (in the front seat anyway) This car is truly the ultimate!

good
By DLP on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We drive this car only occasionally because we have other vehicles. I find this car to be a lot of fun. It handles well and drives smoothly. My next car will be another BMW.

Best Ride I Ever Had
By JedsDad on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased my '94 325 from a used car dealership. they let me drive it for two days before making a decision. It had over 100k on it but it looked and drove like new. I smiled at the other reviewer's remarks about looking at their car as they walk away. Guilty! It is truly a beautiful car. Classy and sporty. I still would not feel that way if the performance did not match the looks.. and it does.