2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE: Convertible - Automatic 2003 330Ci
By travelgal1 on 05/12/14 14:42 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I did all my research before buying the 2003 a few months back. I thought it would give me good gas mileage; but it is the worse I have ever had. I average 14.3-15.3 mpg. I thought it would be at least 20, 21. I would not have bought if I knew it would be this bad. I have new tires, tune-up, oil change, runs good. So there should be no reason why I'm getting such bad mileage. I like the way the car looks and drives, but sits kind of low to the ground. A bit hard to get in and out of. The convertible top works perfectly and I use often. It costs me $80 to fill up ($4.25 gallon); I work from home and just drive near home to get groceries, bank and take my dog to the park.

Just keeps getting better!
By bogmailer on 04/24/13 13:19 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 4 of these 3 series convertibles since 1989 as despite test driving and buying other brands (porsche/Merc/Jag) I keep going back to the 3 series convertible with the straight 6 motor. This car is always a joy to drive, fun and fast and with a tremendous engine sound. My current car a tiptronic 3 ltr is now 8 years old and still runsa like new, is cheap to service and at speed is very nimble unlike modern heavy cars. I keep saying to myself I should trade the car but then I get back in the 3, drop the roof and immediatley start smiling. BMW got it right with this car, it will remain a classic.

330ci
By Bob on 04/08/10 15:11 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB on 01/20/10 13:37 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Iíve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

Amazing car!
By VB on 12/30/09 11:55 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. Iíve had it for over a year now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!

Ultimate Tanning Machine!
By VB on 08/30/09 19:52 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great Car! The car is 6 years old and still turns heads. It certainly turns mine every time I walk away from it. The car offers great balance of performance and luxury. The fact that it is a convertible is an icing on the cake. It is very quiet with the top up and offers great insulation (even during WI winter).

Still fun, but expensive
By DennisGNY on 07/20/09 15:02 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

One of the car's best features was BMW's all inclusive warranty (I also was able to buy a second year coverage). While I didn't have any major complaints the first year, BMW paid for thousands of dollars in parts and labor (mostly electronic). Fun to drive, very expensive to fix. Worn parts like springs, bushings & brakes should have lasted much longer. Based on my first two years experience I purchased a third party warranty to cover the next 37,000 miles. Don't buy a BMW without a BMW warranty. None the less the car is fun to drive, performance is excellent and you can feel the assuredness that is built into the car. Put on the Ray Bans, find an open road, drop the top and crank up the stereo.

Ready for my third 3 series.
By Dan C. on 04/05/09 17:14 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Started with a 328Ci convertible - loved it and sold it to an employee - she's still driving it. Currently own 330Ci conv. - almost 6 years later and still love it. No problems mechanically, looks as good as new, fun to drive, responsive, quick. Have absolutely no negatives for this car and tough to part with such a nice car, but ready for a 335Ci convertible for the spring. I would really have to wonder about some of the negative comments on this model - I have none.

Fun to drive; very difficult to fix
By Gregg on 06/19/07 15:21 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Let me say that I love my car when it is not in the shop. And that is not to say it has a lot of problems, it just takes 4-5 times to get each item fixed, and the dealer 4 out of 5 times breaks something else that takes 2 visits to get fixed. When my all window button and seat frame broke (I weigh 165 lbs) at 23K, I decided I've had enough. Great looking car and fun to drive, just a headache!! If you are planning on buying one, make sure you are close to a reputable dealer.

Doug's Beamer
By Doug on 03/27/06 15:14 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is an awesome Car. 20 seconds after I get in it at teh end of a long stressful day, all the stress just melts away. Fully automatic convertible top goes down in 22 seconds while sitting at a stoplight.