Used 2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE: Convertible - Automatic 2003 330Ci
By travelgal1

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I did all my research before buying the 2003 a few months back. I thought it would give me good gas mileage; but it is the worse I have ever had. I average 14.3-15.3 mpg. I thought it would be at least 20, 21. I would not have bought if I knew it would be this bad. I have new tires, tune-up, oil change, runs good. So there should be no reason why I'm getting such bad mileage. I like the way the car looks and drives, but sits kind of low to the ground. A bit hard to get in and out of. The convertible top works perfectly and I use often. It costs me $80 to fill up ($4.25 gallon); I work from home and just drive near home to get groceries, bank and take my dog to the park.

Just keeps getting better!
By bogmailer

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned 4 of these 3 series convertibles since 1989 as despite test driving and buying other brands (porsche/Merc/Jag) I keep going back to the 3 series convertible with the straight 6 motor. This car is always a joy to drive, fun and fast and with a tremendous engine sound. My current car a tiptronic 3 ltr is now 8 years old and still runsa like new, is cheap to service and at speed is very nimble unlike modern heavy cars. I keep saying to myself I should trade the car but then I get back in the 3, drop the roof and immediatley start smiling. BMW got it right with this car, it will remain a classic.

Favorite Features

The whole car and driving experience.

330ci
By Bob

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got the car during summer 08. I loved the cabrio part of the car and the handeling. After month or 2 power steering failed had to replace the hoses. A little later engine started overheating which was cover under the warranty. Then i kept getting other minor issues. Then all of a sudden the tranny went down had that rebuilt under the aftermarket warranty. The car was fun till it lasted with all those problems i still liked recently the computer gave up on me that when i realized i should just sell the car.

Favorite Features

Convertible top soft front seats and. Seat heaters, handeling.

Suggested Improvements

Build quality cars please, i don't complain about the comfort after all i did get the coupe convertible i can't expect comfort in that.

Ultimate Tanning Machine (Update)!
By VB

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Iíve had it for 1.5 years now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-ser convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5-speed. It does everything very well. It is a joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home.

Favorite Features

It is very reliable and doesnít cost much to maintain if you donít go to the dealership.

Suggested Improvements

My front sport seats have bolsters too far apart. It wouldíve been nice to have an option to inflate the bolsters (like in M3).The rear seats are not that comfortable. The bottom part of the seat is on the very steep incline. It looks great and is functional, but not comfortable. All very minor.

Amazing car!
By VB

2003 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I've been driving sporty Japanese cars all my life through my 20's and 30's. Now that I am approaching my 40's (whew!) and have a wife, a couple of kids, etc. I decided to buy a car of my dreams, a BMW 3-series convertible. So, when the time was right I went ahead and purchased a beautiful E46 325Ci Convertible with sport package, premium package, cold weather package, and 5- speed. Iíve had it for over a year now and obsession doesnít stop (just ask my wife). It does everything very well. It is a pure joy to drive and I still wake up in the morning with the thought that I am going to drive it and leave work looking forward to hugging corners on the way home. It is an amazing car!