2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: 2002 BMW 325i

2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2002 BMW 325i
By mikhiett on

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for 1 year, 2 months now. I have Oriental Blue paint, black tinted windows, gray leather interior, and 17" optional rims. Automatic M/S transmission. Xenon headlights that light up the entire road. Excellent gas mileage. This car accelerates fast, looks good, sounds good, and has been very reliable with 126k miles. I bought this car with 116k miles. I changed the oil with a special Belgium imported synthetic oil 10k ago. The only expenses I have had are 4 new tires, control arm bushing, valve cover gasket, coolant hose, and fuel pump relay; all total cost under $1500 including tire price, parts, and shop labor. This car is definitely a keeper.

I love the classic/modern mix of BMW styling, and this generation of BMW 3 series jumped out at me and told me to get it. The new models of BMW do not seem to have the classic look. When people see these BMW's on the road, they always look twice. I love the engineering of BMW; the engine, chassis, and mechanisms all perform like a high quality automobile should. It is just as I imagined it would be to drive this car. As with any car, your maintenance depends on how you drive your car.

Some pieces of my outside and inside trim fell off. My headliner is beginning to sag. The corner pillar headliner is loose and hanging a bit. On the 17" rims, I am missing one center lug cap and the BMW logo on the other 3 peeled off. My radio volume button came off and I lost it(still have steering volume control, though). Had some issues with hood cable sticking and hood not opening. Tints interfere with radio reception so I cannot listen to local radio stations without a lot of interference.