I should have taken advice the 1st time
By mikebimmer on
2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
I recently purchased my 2002 BMW 325Xi this year from a private one owner family. Stay away from the dealership. They are very expensive ($140.00 for an oil change). Please, at all cost, if you can, take the time to learn how to work on these cars. With some basic tools, a service manual and some patience, you can do some of your own work. Once I brought my 325Xi home, everything that could go bad went bad. The first problem I incurred was when inserting the key to unlock the door the lock cylinder fell out of the door. All my window regulators failed in all doors. The side mirror cover fell off. The gas mileage is horrible, despite full tuneup. I am unsure if I want to continue ownership.
Favorite Features
Nice interior. Well built power plant (e.g. motor/transmission). Quality built frame(Very heavy for a sedan).
Suggested Improvements
Too much plastic components. If BMW would invest in better components, these vehicles would not fall apart so soon after their warranties run out. If you are to charge the amount for these vehicle new, it would be advantageous to provide the consumers with more confidence after the warranty expires.