2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: I'm Hooked

2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

325Ci Convertible (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I'm Hooked
By Dave on

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my perfectly fine 2006 Honda Civic EX coupe for this car, and I absolutely love it. I was looking for a little more fun than the Honda provided, and also something the family would enjoy. This car is all that you read about and more. It offers the perfect blend of fun, performance, and practicality. This is my first venture into BMW-land, and I'm hooked so far. I was looking for a used model with low miles, and I came across my 2002 330 CiC with just 38,400 miles and a clean Carfax. The beauty of BMWs is that they often look much younger than they actually are. I walked away with my "almost new" car for just $25k, down from $46k new. Very happy so far.

Favorite Features

I love the aggressive, refined stance of this car. Sports and premium packages are a must. I look for reasons to wash this car. I also love my color combo (jet black, sand interior, black top). I honestly can't decide if it looks better with the top up or down. The drive is unreal, very tight.

Suggested Improvements

OK, yeah, the back seat is small, but I understand the trade-off. I also have some minor electrical concerns: cruise control won't turn on anymore, and the driver's side power seat motor is intermittent at times... little things I'll fix before the extended warranty runs out next year.