2002 BMW 3 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Get ready for hefty repair

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Review

Get ready for hefty repair bills
By Swooze on

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle as a Certified Pre-Owned. Under warranty I had a broken brake caliper and right front window motor replaced. Largest out of pocket expenses are the brake jobs costing $450 or more for either front or rear. Now I'm having a problem with the interior fan blower motor so back to the dealer before my extended warranty runs out in July. The car has truly spectacular handling, but the repair and maintenance costs are the highest of any vehicle I've owned. I will think twice before buying another BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling and corning ability, interior trim, exterior and interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

BMW says they test their vehicles in extreme environments, but after reading about all the complaints and experiencing first hand the problems, I have to wonder where all that money goes.
By eshemery
on 04/14/12 18:41 PM (PDT)

On Brakes: For all the folks wanking about $450 bucks to have brakes replaced... be a man and fix them yourself for about $140 for the front (includes rotors and pads). Of course the dealer is going to crush you for $450 for front brakes. They have to pay that mechanic, who is highly trained by the way. Another thing you might try is easy braking about 150 feet out from the light rather than driving it deep into the light at 60 mph and then standing on the brakes. Freaking clowns that drive like they're running at Laguna Seca and then wank about going through brakes... idiots!