Dream comes true, even better.
By GaryW on
2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
Bought it as a Certified Pre-owned vehicle. Now for 3 months and around 3000 miles, I would say my long time dream finally comes true, and even better.The 5-speed auto transmission with steptronic is smooth and responsive. The sport/premium pkg is unmissable. The I-6 engine is a magic with thrilling sound. It's so torquey that I don't even have to rev it above 3K rpm for acceleration. The suspension is stiffer than I expected, but it helps a lot on handling while not incurring excessive noise/rattles. Once raced with a motorcycle on a twisty mountain road and it rocks. I doubt if G35 or TL can do that. No in-dash CD changer is the only gripe. But fuel efficiency is a plus. Love it.
Favorite Features
Torquey, smooth engine. Responsive steptronic transmission. Wheel is so tight and nimble. The turning diameter is even smaller than my wife's Golf! Sound system (HK) is OK. Fuel efficiency is great, can clear 29-30 mpg on hwy.
Suggested Improvements
No in-dash CD changer. If you want toinstall one, it would take up a lot ofspace in the trunk. Cupholder is a joke(only one is usable when armrest isdown). No alarm which makes it awkwardin a large parking lot.