Best car I have ever owned
By Martin330i on
2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
I purchased this vehicle new in 2002, with the sport package and premium interior. I've not had a single mechanical problem with it. Just had its 60k mile checkup. They found some minor wear-and-tear issues, nearly all of which were amazingly covered by the extended warranty I purchased. This car has been an absolute joy to own and drive. The performance and handling still put a smile on my face. I never thought I would enjoy an automatic transmission (have always driven stick), but the steptronic works so well, I don't miss the stick at all! I do agree about the tires though - I go through them frequently, especially the rears. Go figure! :-)
Favorite Features
Handling. Performance. Navigation system has changed my life (couldn't live without it anymore).
Suggested Improvements
Fix the brake dust problem! It *does* build up heavily and quickly. Wheels coated with it within a few days of washing. In the 2002 model, if you got the Nav system, then in-dash CD player was not an option (only trunk-mount changer with Nav system). I think only that year though.