A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean on
2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)
BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes
Favorite Features
Handling by far. Car is incredibly nimble and seems to really hug the road to a point where I almost find most curvey mountain roads a test of my ability to resist breaking the law. The HID headlights and exterior styling are a close second, followed by the sport package option which is a must.
Suggested Improvements
Standard power seats would be nice, though the manual seats I have are quicker to adjust. I would have liked to see a little more torque, since this car seems to fall on its face on hills and steep roads. I also think this car needs better cup holders, one is useless under the armrest.