Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Best first car
By stephen

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wow!! This is such a great car!! I just got it for my 16th birthday! I drove an audi, infiniti, tsx and some may be a little faster but i can't tell. I like the way the steering wheel is really tight. I got the premium and sport package the heated seats xenon lights leather auto wood trim and HK sound system. All of those options are great! You won't regret buying this car.

Favorite Features

Coin holder, tight steering, acceleration, braking, and steptronic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space. It doesn't really bug me because i don't have a lot of stuff to store but if i did it would.

BMW 3 Series better than ever imagined!
By ras

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third car I've ever owned, the first two being a Datsun 210 and a Mazda MX-6. I had an inner impulse a couple years ago to begin contemplating a BMW and then it just happened like magic that the perfect vehicle appeared on a nearby lot used with 15,000 miles making it fit within my budget. The vehicle not only has the balance of a 6 year - 100,000 mile warranty but absolutely drives & looks awesome! The manual transmission is beyond words fun to drive and suits my assertive driving style perfectly. If you are a BMW- newbie like me and can get the leather seats, do it! All in all I have never been a "car person" but I am now!

Favorite Features

Gray leather seats, moonroof, gray green metallic paint, 5 speed manual transmission -- I originally only wanted the moonroof option but after getting a fully equipped vehicle I am pleased with just about all the options. Upgraded Harman Kardon stereo sounds terrific too!

Suggested Improvements

I need to get used to the reverse gear shift being so close to first gear -- I do not like the functionality and display of the radio/cd. All vehicles need to have better fuel economy. Car companies continue to perform miserably in this area.

Fun, Fun, Fun
By Golden Eagle

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Previous car was an Audi A-6. My 325 has the sport package and premium package which I recommend. I also have the nav system which has been great. The seats are the absolute best, more comfortable that the 7 series. Motor growl is wonderful, better than the V8. Handling, steering, suspension are supurb. Unfortunately, reliability is not there.

Favorite Features

Engine, seats, suspension, and cool style are outstanding. Forget the leather. My leatherette seats are far superior,tighter, and better looking.

Suggested Improvements

My 325 has had continual electrical systems problems especially with the airbags. It has been in the shop almost monthly. Some plastic trim items have began cracking in one year. Car is garaged.

lovin' it
By michael rundle

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is actually my wife's car. The only time she lets me drive it is when she is with me and it is daytime. At night I always drive. I have to think up excuses to go out. Don't we need some bread-or something! The car handles like a dream. It would have been nice to have had a little more room in the trunk, but is ok for us. Test drive it without the salesman!

Good one
By agent23

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Nice one to drive. Never regret ever bought it.

Favorite Features

Nice HK sound system

Suggested Improvements

Lower price, give more standard options other than have to pay for it