2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Holding up well at 25k
By bmwdriver on 10/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It was either this or the A4 1.8T at the time after narrowing the field but I got a better deal on the 325, plus the 6-cyl had a better feel to it. The 325 handles great in all kinds of conditions (doesn't snow so much in Los Angeles but I've driven in rain, traffic jams, mountain roads, city streets). No problems yet, just routine maintenance & replacement of back brakes (probably due to freeway congestion & starts/stops). It's hard to describe, but it feels more solid & glued to the road, quicker and safer than any other sedan you might otherwise buy.

Cool
By thelook on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to own a 1999 328 which was excellent, my 2002 330i is even better (more power) and I enjoyed it a lot when I picked it up in Munich, Germany. With more power it still gives me good mileage and it's engine is so willing to drive fast (it start to accelerate more when you reach 100+ mph!!)

I LOVE MY BEEMER
By luis montano on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car

"Simply Awesome"
By WEN1 on 10/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Simply,I can't imagine owning anything else. The service has been the most pleasing of any auto I've owned. The purchase was hassle free. I never cease to receive complements on the car. Ask yourself ...when is the last time you've heard "awesome car" stated in reference to the one you are currently driving. it happens to me all of the time (even when its dirty).

330i
By jungster1 on 10/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Have 17,000 miles on it now. Overall, the ownership experience has been positive. It is a great car. Powerful engine, great driving dynamics, look and feel of quality. After years of Toyota and Honda ownership, I have been a little disappointed by the reliability of some of the components. Nothing major but had to take the car in for two unscheduled repairs. Everything was covered under warranty.

Very Disappointed !!!!!!!!
By Helopilot on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a momentary significant engine hesitation on slow accelerations; I have taken the car to BMW 6 times for this problem. I have taken the car 7 times for a distinct whine at 70 MPH coming from the rear end or the manual transmission; BMW changed the rear end fluid and then the rear end. The gas pedal sticks after 30 minutes of use; it's been changed two times. The radiator requires filling every 7 weeks to bring the coolant level back up to full on the float stick. BMW has tried to fix the above items, but refuses to work on any of the anymore. The driver shoulder harness tensioner has been replaced twice.

Wanted a BMW for a long time
By longtimehondaguy on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

And I finally got one. But at less than 3k on the odometer, the car dies. Turns out the instrument cluster was bad. It was replaced under warranty, after I had it towed to the dealership (I had to pay for the cost of towing up front), but it would have cost me $600.00 otherwise. Since then, it has been pretty reliable. But for $40k, I don't expect anything to go wrong. After all, my '86 Accord and '90 Integra never had any mechanical problems until 200k miles. Just changed the clutch on the Integra at 213k miles.

My dream car
By zenbob on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I upgraded from a '99 BMW 328i to a 2002 BMW 330i, so you know I was pleased with my 1st BMW experience. I bought a "program" car with 15K miles with almost all the options including Sport/premium package, Xenon and heated seats. My previous car did not have the sport package or Xenon. This model has auto-head lights. I would recommend this car to anyone who loves to drive with enthusiasm and likes "performance" driving, but not to someone looking for a luxury car. Can't wait to try it on the track! If you can afford it, get the Performance package.

I love my 325i
By rjg96 on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2001 325 (which I think is better looking than the later facelifted models), and really enjoy it. I picked it up in Germany, and drove it on the autobahns for 2 weeks-- I HIGHLY recommend you take advantage of BMW's european delivery program. The car has been absolutely reliable-- but there have been a few rattles that bugged me (I fixed them myself w/ some felt). options 5 speed manual Cold-weather packaged moonroof leather sports package Get these while you can-- as you can see from the new 7 and 5 series, BMWs are becoming quite ugly!

Every drive is great !!!
By Brad S on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third BMW . First car was a 1973 3.0 CS , next was a 1976 2002. As a car dealer I get a company car so it's been a long time since I actually owned a car. After Sept 11th I decided to get a " real car" if that makes any sense . I love this car, have a 5 speed w/ Sport package ,Premo pack , Cold pack ,gray leather, Xenon lights & dark blue met paint.In a over a year its been completly problem free . I had to get snow tires living in NY but that,s all .