Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Completely satisfied with purchase
By Entropy

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased a BMW 330ci with the common accesory groups; sunroof, leather, xenon lights, performance tires, steptronic tranmission. The car provides smooth quiet power, assured stability, prompt braking even on rain- slicked roads and a relaxing, enjoyable driving experience. In 30 years of driving, having owned 15 previous vehicles, this is by far the best overall. Dealer is highly recommended.

Favorite Features

Solid feel, ease of ingress, excellent road manners, long service intervals. Good visibility, especially when parking.

Suggested Improvements

Black paint easily scratches even with premium car care materials. Brakes shed an excessive amount of dust.

Proud to own this baby
By Pashem

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is the true definition of sprort luxury car. It gives you driving gratification and loves to be pushed. Fully equiped with 18" M-wheels makes this car irresistible.

Favorite Features

All of it

Suggested Improvements

None

Buy One!
By RTubbs

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just purchased my 325ci, and couldn't be happier. I was looking for a bigger car, after driving a Z3 for the past three years, and after driving Audi's, Lexus's and Mercedes, I settled on the 325. I chose the sports package, sunroof and Xenon's. The suspension of the sports package is unbelievable, absorbs bumps wonderfully, and is by far a blast to drive. I have only had mine for 1000 miles, but I am looking forward to driving this car for years to come.

Favorite Features

Great Ride, Easy shifting, looks great driving or sitting at a light

Suggested Improvements

Needs a better "stock" stereo. With the likes of Blaupunkt in Germany, I would think they could partner with someone and put a stereo in that would rival some of their Japanese competitors.

Expensive and Shoddy Build Quality
By sbcste

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Both my sister and I own a 2001 232ci and 2002 325ci respectively. Her car had a broken gas cover when delivered, after about a year the overhead liner began to fall off, the sunroof broke and the electric seat broke. When I took delivery of my car in early 2002 the a/c did not work and about six month later the doors could not be open from the inside. Where is the German quality I have read and heard so much about?

Favorite Features

Don't get me wrong, the car looks nice and has a lot of very nice features, but the build quality is just not there. If I wanted a car with a lot of quirks I would have bought a SAAB. My old Honda lasted me 9 years and 200,000 miles without a single problem.

Great Drive, Few build issues
By Mike Leopando

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 330 coupe for 10 months. The drive is superb. I have owned the 2.5 and 2.8 3-series and the 3.0 is light years ahead. My only problem is small build problems. At six months both front turn signals fell out on the highway due to a broken clip. A eight months the door seal came loose and the driver door must be slammed to close. The dealer was pretty good about fixing the problems, but I can see that BMW is starting to cheapen some components. Mechanically there has never been a problem.

Favorite Features

Engine, stereo

Suggested Improvements

Don't use cheap Eastern Europe labor to put together turn signal lights.