2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Even Better Than Expected
By Mark Workman on 06/20/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car knowing that it had great performance and looks. After 3 years, what I was not expecting was great reliability. This car has been in the shop for nothing other than oil changes. It looks like I just drove it off of the lot and people comment that it still smells new. This is a 3 year old car with 40k miles! I plan on keeping this car for 10+ years. It is worth the money. MPG is at 23 over the life of the car. On the negative, the backseat is small for an infant carrier, but workable and this car has the worst brake dust I have ever seen. Other than that, it is perfect.

You Haven't Driven Until You Have A BMW
By Bill on 05/21/05 06:57 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have owned it 3 years now and still love it. Averages 25 mpg city/highway. Super in New England weather, but you need to keep up on tire condition. I got 50K out of originals and replaced them with the same. Only complaints are; high upkeep costs, and electrical rear tailight that the dealer can't seem to get straight, also it stalls every one in awhile. However, there is nothing like a BMW and this one gives you peace of mind with the all-wheel drive.

Another Great 3er
By Chris on 03/29/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Incredible in every way! After owning many BMWs this is no disappointment. My last was an E36 99 M3. BMW has come a long way in terms of refinement, but build quality has suffered a bit compared to the E36 cars, especially interior. It is nowhere as "raw" as the previous generation, which some owners may see as regression. Smooth torqueband, perfect styling, handling hardwired to your brain. This car is really so much fun to drve and like any other BMW, you love it more and more every day. Reliability is perfect and even maintenance parts are dirt cheap compared to Honda, Toyota, etc. Just know where to look!

125K and still speeding
By robert on 03/11/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. I've put 125K miles on in 3 years. Only problem was the AC control unit going bad at 90K miles. Which was a $140 fix at the dealer. If you want a car that is trouble free, low maintenance, and fun to drive this is your car.

Awesome Car... Just Awesome!
By Adam on 03/02/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, granted I have only had this car for a few days, but I driving it back from Kentucky to Atlanta, I got to know it pretty well. The car is unbelievable! Extremely smooth, stable, quick, predictable, quiet (no squeaks or rattles even on bumpy roads), and most of all.. FUN! I had one small problem with the door weather stripping that I knew about when I purchased it, but BMW fixed it under warranty, so now no problems. I could never buy another vehicle than a BMW. This car gets so many looks too, no matter where I am. It's just a beautiful, awesome car. I love it!

Absolutely fun to drive
By urbina77 on 02/15/05 15:15 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a great to drive! It seems small but when I get in I'm 6'2" 250lbs. the leg room is amazing! The controls are within easy reach and the acceleration is always ready to push it when I need it. Corners are easy to make and the car responds excellent.

Finally runs well
By Bigd on 01/18/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have 35000 miles on the car and it finally runs like it should. The car was so noisy (I was told it was the new plastic air intakes) it sounded like a garbage truck in low gear. Told nothing could be done. Said it would quiet down with mileage. Amazingly it has and now it runs fine. No problems at all mechanically. Still best looking car on the road. It is top of the line and I may just keep it. The 2005 are not much different.

Tires don't last long
By Michal Joyner on 12/05/04 00:18 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love driving the car, but I can't seem to get a set of tires to last more than 15,000 miles. Also, maintenance is expensive. A trip to the service department averages $1,000.

Dream comes true, even better.
By GaryW on 11/30/04 17:00 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it as a Certified Pre-owned vehicle. Now for 3 months and around 3000 miles, I would say my long time dream finally comes true, and even better.The 5-speed auto transmission with steptronic is smooth and responsive. The sport/premium pkg is unmissable. The I-6 engine is a magic with thrilling sound. It's so torquey that I don't even have to rev it above 3K rpm for acceleration. The suspension is stiffer than I expected, but it helps a lot on handling while not incurring excessive noise/rattles. Once raced with a motorcycle on a twisty mountain road and it rocks. I doubt if G35 or TL can do that. No in-dash CD changer is the only gripe. But fuel efficiency is a plus. Love it.

Just this once...
By Greg330xi on 11/03/04 23:58 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned a Subaru WRX, but hated the narrow torque band. 330xi is a much nicer car to drive, but very small trunk and interior.