2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Dream comes true, even better.
By GaryW on 11/30/04 17:00 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it as a Certified Pre-owned vehicle. Now for 3 months and around 3000 miles, I would say my long time dream finally comes true, and even better.The 5-speed auto transmission with steptronic is smooth and responsive. The sport/premium pkg is unmissable. The I-6 engine is a magic with thrilling sound. It's so torquey that I don't even have to rev it above 3K rpm for acceleration. The suspension is stiffer than I expected, but it helps a lot on handling while not incurring excessive noise/rattles. Once raced with a motorcycle on a twisty mountain road and it rocks. I doubt if G35 or TL can do that. No in-dash CD changer is the only gripe. But fuel efficiency is a plus. Love it.

Just this once...
By Greg330xi on 11/03/04 23:58 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Previously owned a Subaru WRX, but hated the narrow torque band. 330xi is a much nicer car to drive, but very small trunk and interior.

325 XI
By Beacon 888 on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car is soild all around, decent interior with original creativities, mininal compromise at this price range, when you drive one, you'll know it's a steal! Reasonable response from the car's handling, terrific engine/transmission combination, sharp braking, steady and yet nimble, every where I look, I see people put a lot of thoughts into designing a fine automobile like this, gotta appreciate that. Only down side? Too Heavy!

locker
By locker on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

all 4 pwr windows replaced in first 24 months, under warranty consumer reports 2002 top rated car was BMW 5 series...the 330 series was priced about 10 grand less and still got great reviews...I chose the 325, 4 door, non-leather which brought the price down another 4 grand...fun to drive...would purchase another 3 series

Ultimate Machine
By Cruisin Happy on 09/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It really is the ultimate driving machine. I've had mine almost 3 years and I don't even want to think about ever getting another car. It is just fabulous in snow and rain. The tires can be an issue. I hit a very large, deep pot hole and had to replace all 4 tires. Other than that, not one thing has gone wrong. Mine is loaded to the max with the integrated phone..worth the extra bucks too. I hope this car never wears out!!! Worth the money!!! (45,000)

Fun Car
By Jean330i on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have only just purchased the vehicle and it's the most fun I have ever had driving a car. I live for the curves, where the car stays flat and hugs the road with complete confidence. Driving is an event that brings a smile. I don't know yet about reliability, so I can't really judge. This car is not plush on the inside, it doesn't scream "luxury", rather, it emphatically whispers "quality". The only other vehicle I considered was the Lexus and there was no comparison. The Lexus felt too soft-too disconnected from the road. My research sources concluded that it's one of the better made vehicles...and that the drive is the best. I agree.

BMW has thw worst service
By pinstripes9 on 08/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

You obtain better service from Hyundi. Next car will not be a BMW.

driving used to be a bore
By Jody Wilks on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I hve driven this automobile in driving nighttime rain, through snowy mountain passes, the deserts of the southwest, windstorms that closed mountain passes and finally, cold icy roads in Alaska. It has always been a joy to drive.

Why do BMW's fall apart so fast?
By pylt on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

At first it was a passionate love affair every drive was special. But now, only 20,000 miles later . . . I'm looking to get out of it. Combine the arrogance of their dealers, with the abnoxious behavior of their NJ HQ's personnel, and what do you have? A terrible product that, even though it drives well, isn't worth the grief that it puts you through. Things gone wrong: 1. suspension bushing fell out 2. drinks coolant (and no one knows where it goes) 3. it's on its 3rd set of cup holders 4. radio speakers giving up the ghost 5. AC always recirculates; can't stop 6. steering wheel squeeks (but only when away from the dealership) 7. other probs 2.

Wow, now this is a car!!!!!!!!!
By Bemaing Owner on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a car as it should be. To say it is fun to drive is a big understatement. It continues to amaze me for what it can do. It fits like a glove and always does what I ask it to. And I ask a lot of it! Rain, sleet, snow. No problems there. A bit rough on the body on day-long drives though due to the sport suspension. Hops a little on rough curvey roads.But, always ends up where you want it to. All said, I wouldn't ever buy anything else.