2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2002 BMW 330i Sport/Premium - 5 speed
By IknowUnot on 01/18/06 11:16 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car lives up to everything you've heard! It handles better than any of my friends so called "sports" cars and on the line it can leave most in the dust! I have never had a single mechanical problem to speak of and I've driven it to Omaha, NE and back once and also to Seattle, WA a few weeks ago. The seats are very comfortable for long distances and even though the car is built and handles like a sports car, it rides like a cadillac... nice and quiet. I also get 32 mpg driving back from Seattle! How many 4 door sedans can do 0-60 in 5.9 seconds and still get 32 mpg on the interstate?!? One suggestion... don't get the automatic! You'll be missing out!

Great Drive
By E46 on 01/10/06 00:12 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 3 series after my E36, 325i. This car drives like a dream! It is not as powerful as I would have liked but it made up in handling. I've owned this car for almost a year now and it has had all 4 power windows and the sunroof repaired. The coating on the center console and cup holder had peeled off. The rubberized coating of the interior is very prone to scratches. After the warranty expires, I'm selling this baby!

BMW 325ci
By JACEK on 12/31/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/3/05. The car is absolutely mint with sports package and clear euro lenses plus 5- speed manual. It has 42,000 miles on the speedometer. This beemer is absolutely great. The styling in and out, brakes, cornering. I love to take it on serpentine roads and zoom thru the turns. Acceleration seems to be sluggish a little bit from 0-60, However when you reach 60 forward it feels like a bullet. The maintenance can be vey expensive. After 3 weeks of ownership and hard usage of brakes. My brake light came on. I went to the local dealership and was told I need to wait 2.5 months for the first spot cost ($600).I did job myself for $120.

Makes driving fun
By Ted on 12/22/05 15:16 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

AWD grips road in dry, wet and snow conditions; ABS braking minimizes slip even on ice. Great car for winters; no problems starting or driving. Recommend aggressive snows if you will see more than 6-inches snow on regular basis, but expect solid traction. Acceleration (5spd) is very satisfying -- very nimble in/out of traffic. Top speed in regular driving = 120mph, and not even a labored groan. (Too many tickets.)

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By Matt on 12/11/05 21:25 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. Could tell the second I started the test drive. My first road trip summarizes it all. 1200 Miles from LA to Lake Tahoe and Back. 4 People in the car, full trunk, AC on, many 100+mph sprints, two over 120, 130 top speed, and two passengers SOUND ASLEEP AT 130MPH!! Up to well over 7000 ft on the Climb up to the summit, driving around for a week at altitude in city driving conditions. Round trip gas mileage 28.6 MPG!!! AMAZING AUTOMOBILE, the quintessential BMW, 2.5L inline six + manual transmission + two door coupe= BMW!! Definitely the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!

I WILL NEVER BUY DOMESTIC AGAIN!
By Tina on 08/29/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was and is my favorite car by far I have ever owner, its handling, cornerings, styling for the price are by far superier to any other car out there. The reliability in impeccable, as well as the general stylings of the car. I would highly recommend this car to ANYONE! Young/old, male/female!

Amazing Car
By G on 08/23/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325ci is everything you could want in a sporty coupe. It's unbelievably responsive and the power is smooth and evenly spread through the RPM's. The handling is air- tight.. you will have nothing to complain about with this car at all... I haven't tried it in the snow yet though but I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

BMW 3-Series is a MONEY PIT!!
By Roy M. on 08/10/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While the performance of this vehicle is phenomenal, BMW's commitment to customer service, and establishing brand loyalty is 0. Vehicle reliability is terrible as it has left my wife stranded on several occassions. This year alone I've spent $3,000 in repairs. First the a/c, then 3 of the 4 power window motors went out at the same time, not to mention the times the vehicle has left us stranded. When I contacted the North America Corporate Offices I was simply advised to buy another BMW...no customer goodwill credit for repairs, no complimentary service, No..No..No. In conclusion, not the brand of QUALITY, customer service, and/or commitment they portray to be.

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean on 06/22/05 16:10 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Even Better Than Expected
By Mark Workman on 06/20/05 15:37 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car knowing that it had great performance and looks. After 3 years, what I was not expecting was great reliability. This car has been in the shop for nothing other than oil changes. It looks like I just drove it off of the lot and people comment that it still smells new. This is a 3 year old car with 40k miles! I plan on keeping this car for 10+ years. It is worth the money. MPG is at 23 over the life of the car. On the negative, the backseat is small for an infant carrier, but workable and this car has the worst brake dust I have ever seen. Other than that, it is perfect.