Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

BMW Forever
By Luis L

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in May 2005 with 20,000 miles on it. After reconditioning (replaced AC compressor, fuel level gauge in tank and suspension bushings), it has given no problems. Only needed scheduled service. Fun to drive! Nice acceleration and road handling. Full leather trim is easy to keep clean. 17" wheels and M3 type trunk spoiler give it a sporty look. I am adding angel eyes projector headlights to make it look even better. I will definitely buy another BMW when I trade this one in!

Engine growl when accelerating, smooth transmission, body styling, suspension.

Cupholders! Also, improve the overall AC system.

2002 BMW 325i Sedan
By MM

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. I would change a couple of interior design features, but it is exhilarating to drive, gets very good gas mileage for its class and looks great!

Better interior storage options.

Cool Car
By Josh

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car 3 days ago and so far it has been a dream to drive. The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is my engine coolant. It's a little low so water had to be added until the dealer can look at it on Monday. Called him yesterday and he said he knows it's not a major problem, probably just that somebody didn't put enough coolant in the car. Other than that, the car handles great in the curves and has good acceleration for an 184 hp car. I love the way it sounds when you give it a little more gas when accelerating.

The DSC, the safety features, the red backlight for the cockpit of the car. I also love the way the car looks on the inside. The ride is so smooth and with ease.

I wish it had more power and that an armrest and cupholders for the backseat was standard. I also wish that the car had standard seat heaters at least in the front seats.

Mistake?
By Stuck in RI

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 BMW 325i just a week ago. The few times I've been able to drive it have been a treat. Battery issue when I picked it up - it ended up back at the non-BMW dealer a few days later. Anyways, it ran great for a day - the Steptronic transmission is fun for me and the automatic allows my wife to drive it, too. The car is a sweet metallic gray and rides as nice. I'm hoping the problem can be resolved - two days in the shop and they say the fuel pump needs to be replaced before they can begin to diagnose the charging problem. For now, my '94 318is is keeping me consoled while the drama continues

Steptronic transmission. Auto-dimming rear view mirror keeps high-beaming followers from ruining the driving experience. RDS on the radio gives data like station, song and artist, sports teams playing, etc. Car gets decent gas mileage, too

Hate the side view mirror on the passenger side pointing down when car is in reverse. Will look for a way to override that.

Great Drive
By E46

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 3 series after my E36, 325i. This car drives like a dream! It is not as powerful as I would have liked but it made up in handling. I've owned this car for almost a year now and it has had all 4 power windows and the sunroof repaired. The coating on the center console and cup holder had peeled off. The rubberized coating of the interior is very prone to scratches. After the warranty expires, I'm selling this baby!

Handling - cornering. Nothing beats driving along winding roads without have to touch the brakes.

Better quality interior. Get rid of the rubberized interior coating. You can create a permanent scratch with just your nails.