2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Ultimate driving machine?
By Harry_sangha on 01/05/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, I had a choice from 2 models and choose this one due to its performance. I have the wider tires with 18" rims. The car handles like a dream. Power is great, could be a little more for today's date but no complaints. Overall this car is very very fun to drive. I have owned several BMWs in my driving years, ranging from 3 - 7 series but this 330i sport is the most fun BMW to date. With a few minor issues, I would say this car is the ultimate driving machine.

Worth the Aggravation
By RAB on 12/21/06 19:57 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

OK, I've had problems. Most recently the alternator overcharging. BUT - there is nothing else like this car at this price point. I bought a fully loaded low mileage '02. Once you familiarize yourelf with the Steptronic transmission, you will never buy another brand of car - the performance is that good. And you have to consider the real source for a lot of the little issues - Germans simply do not care about brake dust, wind noise, or cup holders. They want a fast sport coupe that handles well and stops well - period. If you like driving, then the 330Ci is for you.

Top Notch Vehicle
By Sully on 12/20/06 08:55 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a great car and one of the best I have own. For a convertible it is very practical although not very fuel economical. Overall have had very very few problems and the car always provides a great driving experience.

Best car I have ever owned
By Martin330i on 11/06/06 18:01 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2002, with the sport package and premium interior. I've not had a single mechanical problem with it. Just had its 60k mile checkup. They found some minor wear-and-tear issues, nearly all of which were amazingly covered by the extended warranty I purchased. This car has been an absolute joy to own and drive. The performance and handling still put a smile on my face. I never thought I would enjoy an automatic transmission (have always driven stick), but the steptronic works so well, I don't miss the stick at all! I do agree about the tires though - I go through them frequently, especially the rears. Go figure! :-)

2002 BMW 325i Sedan
By MM on 10/11/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. I would change a couple of interior design features, but it is exhilarating to drive, gets very good gas mileage for its class and looks great!

Cool Car
By Josh on 08/20/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car 3 days ago and so far it has been a dream to drive. The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is my engine coolant. It's a little low so water had to be added until the dealer can look at it on Monday. Called him yesterday and he said he knows it's not a major problem, probably just that somebody didn't put enough coolant in the car. Other than that, the car handles great in the curves and has good acceleration for an 184 hp car. I love the way it sounds when you give it a little more gas when accelerating.

Wow !!
By Chris on 07/24/06 04:22 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice used luxury sports car and i had read many reviews on this vehicle. The reviews don't do it justice. This car is very quick and very nimble. I was really suprised at how much life this car has left in it with having 68K on the odometer but it purrs like a kitten. It also has great curb appeal. If you are looking for a great handling sports car, look no further. This car has it all and then some. The only downside is the interior plastic door handles squeak a bit. This may be do to the fact that the previous owner may have had them taken off the car.

great car except...
By recruitsvc on 07/14/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW - it has gotten better to drive with age as I have really appreciated the engine acceleration, the handling, the surety of the AWD system. The seats are comfortable and the controls designed to keep your hands on the wheel. What I miss is the console - only a small arm rest with little storage, two cup holders, and a flip up storage area - I end up piling my stuff on the passenger seat, which becomes a pain when someone gets in the car with me - would love more storage space somehow.

Solid Fun
By Wolf on 06/23/06 18:55 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car in March, 2005, CPO. At first I thought the car felt too heavy but now, I'm impressed with how solid it is. Nothing fazes this car. It goes, stops and corners at your command regardless of weather or road conditions. Now I know why BMW garners so much praise from the press and devotees. I have had one unscheduled service for a faulty sensor that was covered under the CPO warranty.

BMW 325i
By mpt2222 on 06/09/06 10:43 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just switched from an A4 to the 325i. I wish I would have made the move sooner. Even the base 3-series handles well, is smooth, quick enough, and has a comfortable interior (albeit small rear seat and trunk). I'll be looking to move up to the 330 for my next car.