2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
There's NONE better! :)
By Bimmer4Life on 05/12/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love, love, love this car! I have the 330i with the high performance package. I have M3 18 inch staggered wheels, M3 steering wheel, navigation system, bi-xenon-auto leveling headlights, rain sensing wipers... the list goes on. I was hesitant to buy this car 2 years ago with 64k on it, but with all of the service records available, I took the risk. I now have 101K on the odometer and it's still purring (or growling with the dual chrome exhaust!) right along! I also have the Harmon Kardon sound system which is awesome. I owned a '98 328i previous to this car and I can't see EVER owning anything but a Bimmer!!

Fun to drive
By sparky2708 on 03/07/07 21:24 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 5 years now. Last year my transmission had to be replaced and this year both front axles needed to be replaced because the boot leaked. Car is definitely fun to drive but the problems it is starting to have are serious but strange since I only have 44000 miles on the car. Haven't had any accidents so not sure why all these problems started. My advice, if you buy the car consider getting one with an extended warranty - mine paid off big time!

Disappointing 325xi
By T Nguyen on 02/20/07 05:14 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought it new in 2002. Since then, had to bring it back to the dealer for replacing (4) window operators. Alternator defect found after the 2nd year. After 5 years - just magically right after warranty expired! - rear window molding is peeled off (found to be attached to the car body via "stick-on" glue! - is this really German engineering?); and whenever it rains water is found puddling up in all footwells. The dealer tried to fix door seals 4 times, but water/moisture still infiltrate. Hint for other bmw owners: If your car windshield is fogging up after rainy weather, check under the floor mat! One more problem: power connector for the front seat operator is a cheap clip-on!! BMW value engineering is so disappointing!

Best ever
By gordo on 01/12/07 20:40 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi for 5 years now, have over 108k on the clock. Only 3 sets of tires, awd wear out quicker. Still getting 25-30 mpg. With 100k on it, it's stil worth $$$$.

Ultimate driving machine?
By Harry_sangha on 01/05/07 09:05 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car used, I had a choice from 2 models and choose this one due to its performance. I have the wider tires with 18" rims. The car handles like a dream. Power is great, could be a little more for today's date but no complaints. Overall this car is very very fun to drive. I have owned several BMWs in my driving years, ranging from 3 - 7 series but this 330i sport is the most fun BMW to date. With a few minor issues, I would say this car is the ultimate driving machine.

Best car I have ever owned
By Martin330i on 11/06/06 18:01 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2002, with the sport package and premium interior. I've not had a single mechanical problem with it. Just had its 60k mile checkup. They found some minor wear-and-tear issues, nearly all of which were amazingly covered by the extended warranty I purchased. This car has been an absolute joy to own and drive. The performance and handling still put a smile on my face. I never thought I would enjoy an automatic transmission (have always driven stick), but the steptronic works so well, I don't miss the stick at all! I do agree about the tires though - I go through them frequently, especially the rears. Go figure! :-)

2002 BMW 325i Sedan
By MM on 10/11/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. I would change a couple of interior design features, but it is exhilarating to drive, gets very good gas mileage for its class and looks great!

Cool Car
By Josh on 08/20/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car 3 days ago and so far it has been a dream to drive. The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is my engine coolant. It's a little low so water had to be added until the dealer can look at it on Monday. Called him yesterday and he said he knows it's not a major problem, probably just that somebody didn't put enough coolant in the car. Other than that, the car handles great in the curves and has good acceleration for an 184 hp car. I love the way it sounds when you give it a little more gas when accelerating.

great car except...
By recruitsvc on 07/14/06 17:53 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My first BMW - it has gotten better to drive with age as I have really appreciated the engine acceleration, the handling, the surety of the AWD system. The seats are comfortable and the controls designed to keep your hands on the wheel. What I miss is the console - only a small arm rest with little storage, two cup holders, and a flip up storage area - I end up piling my stuff on the passenger seat, which becomes a pain when someone gets in the car with me - would love more storage space somehow.

Mistake?
By Stuck in RI on 04/18/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 BMW 325i just a week ago. The few times I've been able to drive it have been a treat. Battery issue when I picked it up - it ended up back at the non-BMW dealer a few days later. Anyways, it ran great for a day - the Steptronic transmission is fun for me and the automatic allows my wife to drive it, too. The car is a sweet metallic gray and rides as nice. I'm hoping the problem can be resolved - two days in the shop and they say the fuel pump needs to be replaced before they can begin to diagnose the charging problem. For now, my '94 318is is keeping me consoled while the drama continues