Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

One of the best cars in the market!
By Moawieh Abuhatoum

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The car drives just fine, very quiet and fun to drive, very good gas mileage, corners very well, excellent acceleration, very well designed in and out!! Maintaning the car is an issue with the unlogical prices and labor charges dealer will charge just because it is BMW! You really pay for the name and not the part/labor! Very frustrating.

Favorite Features

Engine! Handling.

Suggested Improvements

More horse power and torque!!!

Good car but too many repairs
By slick

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought my car in April and I love the way it drives, for a 2.5 it's peppy. I had to replace ball joints and bushings $800. Also had a failed right front suspension spring. $200 fix. The car runs smooth but too many little repairs. Very fun to drive and will recommend purchase with warranty.

Favorite Features

Steptronic transmission. Traction control and stability. Xenon head lights, feature where you can't roll backwards on a hill.

Suggested Improvements

Front end suspension. More HP. Better engineering and a longer warranty.

First 8 months
By Aaron

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I drove a '99 Ford Contour SVT before the 325i, and I am so satisfied that I bought a rear-wheel drive car. I've had two problems when I first bought it. The alternator and reverse-activated rear-view mirror were replaced free of charge, but considering that my last car was about to die on me, they were minor inconveniences. The 190 or so hp (BMW says 184, I don't think so) is used to its fullest extent and doesn't struggle, but if you can afford the near 4-5 grand premium over the 325i for the 330i, get the 330i. The tires are wearing even and the steering, is, I'm lost for words. It's awesome. I will have an update around the 14-16 month period.

Favorite Features

Classic styling. Better looking than the newer 5 and 7 Series. Drives like a small sedan should, but has enough room for bigger guys (6' to 6'2'') even in the back.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements.

German engineering??
By altura

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it brand new, excellent handling and acceleration. As of 07/2007, 60k miles and exterior (metallic blue) looks like new. Interior wood trim and leather trim has held up, although some minor fading/peeling on plastic accents. Had to replace all 4 window rotors within first year and repaired sunroof twice. Brake dust shows daily. Nightmare problems starting at 55k miles, had to replace serpentine belt, battery, throttle, DSC control unit (2k out of pocket, warranty expired). Will not purchase another BMW, although performance is superb, reliability and quality is not favorable. Servicing and repair expenses too high.

Favorite Features

Handling, acceleration, steptronic, interior look, exterior design is timeless.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, reliability, more interior room, better MPG.

BMW Forever
By Luis L

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car used in May 2005 with 20,000 miles on it. After reconditioning (replaced AC compressor, fuel level gauge in tank and suspension bushings), it has given no problems. Only needed scheduled service. Fun to drive! Nice acceleration and road handling. Full leather trim is easy to keep clean. 17" wheels and M3 type trunk spoiler give it a sporty look. I am adding angel eyes projector headlights to make it look even better. I will definitely buy another BMW when I trade this one in!

Favorite Features

Engine growl when accelerating, smooth transmission, body styling, suspension.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholders! Also, improve the overall AC system.