Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Wow !!
By Chris

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice used luxury sports car and i had read many reviews on this vehicle. The reviews don't do it justice. This car is very quick and very nimble. I was really suprised at how much life this car has left in it with having 68K on the odometer but it purrs like a kitten. It also has great curb appeal. If you are looking for a great handling sports car, look no further. This car has it all and then some. The only downside is the interior plastic door handles squeak a bit. This may be do to the fact that the previous owner may have had them taken off the car.

Favorite Features

The powerband is amazing on this car. Once you hit 3 grand hold on. Some have rated the sound system poorly, but i thought I was pretty kickin'. The harmon kardon system doesn't fuzz out at high volumes like other manufacturers' stereos

Awesome Car
By Spiffy

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I have had only one problem with this vehicle since purchase and that was with the moon roof. It was quickly repaired by the dealer under warranty. If you want a car with room for four, it gets looks when I drive down the street (even after two years), great power (at least in my opinion) and if you love to drive twisty back roads, this car is for you. I have had this car driving through the deserts of Utah and the Rockies of Colorado and it performed flawlessly.

Favorite Features

My favorite features - power, power, handling, handling and luxury features that I've never had before. My favorite is the right mirror that lowers when I put the car in reverse so that I can see the curb when I'm parking. It lessens the possibility of curb rash.

Suggested Improvements

Chrome tailpipe tips. I'm also thinking of adding radar to my car. Not that I've had a ticket in this car, yet, but I've sure risked it. It's to easy to get this car going 90-100 in a very short time if you don't watch the speedometer.

Still the Benchmark Performance Marque
By KTA

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd BMW, the other a 7 series. This 325Ci has the same "connected" road feel and precise permormance characteristics elevated to a higher degree.The controls have a firm, positive feel andeverything is always in control, smooth and stable at any speed. The "performance package" offers great seats, but my only complaint is that they are annoying to adjust manually...switching drivers takes some setting up time.

Favorite Features

Engine response, road handling, appearance

Suggested Improvements

Power for the performance seats!

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Favorite Features

Handling by far. Car is incredibly nimble and seems to really hug the road to a point where I almost find most curvey mountain roads a test of my ability to resist breaking the law. The HID headlights and exterior styling are a close second, followed by the sport package option which is a must.

Suggested Improvements

Standard power seats would be nice, though the manual seats I have are quicker to adjust. I would have liked to see a little more torque, since this car seems to fall on its face on hills and steep roads. I also think this car needs better cup holders, one is useless under the armrest.

Fun and Stylish
By Hughes

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my Honda Accord lacked fun and perfomance. Looked at a BMW Z3 but wasn't willing to go from a sedan to no storage at all. This was the perfect compromise. Surprisingly has a decent size backseat and backseat leg room for a coupe.

Favorite Features

On steering wheel radio controls, and sports automatic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More storage for CDs, etc.