Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fun to Drive
By GregG

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great overall car. Superb performance and comfort with timeless styling. Mechanically trouble-free, minor fit and finish item with interior door seal.

Great handling, excellent braking, fun to drive, solid car

Only problem has been the passenger side interior door trim which has come unglued twice

The only car for me
By globetrotter

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the only car I want so I will skip the laurels and talk about the downside. I bought the 2 yr old with a recent inspection through a broker and saved $10000 over a new one. The next week the service engine soon light came on, the dealer replaced parts under warrentee but said I needed new belts and a break flush for $250. The next day the battery died and the car was towed back to the dealer for replacement. The next week the headliners came off and back to the dealer. BMW service is a zoo, sooo many cars all the time. But this car hits all the right buttons for me!

The other reviews are spot on. This car rides on rails and is the perfect size and shape for a person car! 187 HP is deceiving because this car has all the power I need, especially when using the tiptronic. I can't wait to drive it again.

Reliability. The warrentee does not make up for poor reliability, personal time and worry about what could go wrong next. For this price, BMW should be focused on that and not new styling changes that are unwanted.

No contest!
By bees330ci

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car! I just purchased it used and I have to say everything I read about this car is the absolute truth. The power delivery, the handling, the connectiveness to the road, the luxury. All in combination makes for a terrific vehicle.

Convenience features, sports seats, sound of the engine when I turn the key, amazing cornering ability. It sense your every input.

Storage space is of course lacking. Doors are a little tough to open. Side bolsters on sports seats tend to show wear. Just picky stuff!

Still the Benchmark Performance Marque
By KTA

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd BMW, the other a 7 series. This 325Ci has the same "connected" road feel and precise permormance characteristics elevated to a higher degree.The controls have a firm, positive feel andeverything is always in control, smooth and stable at any speed. The "performance package" offers great seats, but my only complaint is that they are annoying to adjust manually...switching drivers takes some setting up time.

Engine response, road handling, appearance

Power for the performance seats!

Awesome Car
By Spiffy

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been the best vehicle I have ever purchased. I have had only one problem with this vehicle since purchase and that was with the moon roof. It was quickly repaired by the dealer under warranty. If you want a car with room for four, it gets looks when I drive down the street (even after two years), great power (at least in my opinion) and if you love to drive twisty back roads, this car is for you. I have had this car driving through the deserts of Utah and the Rockies of Colorado and it performed flawlessly.

My favorite features - power, power, handling, handling and luxury features that I've never had before. My favorite is the right mirror that lowers when I put the car in reverse so that I can see the curb when I'm parking. It lessens the possibility of curb rash.

Chrome tailpipe tips. I'm also thinking of adding radar to my car. Not that I've had a ticket in this car, yet, but I've sure risked it. It's to easy to get this car going 90-100 in a very short time if you don't watch the speedometer.