Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Fantastic Ride!
By Minnie Gupta

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 325i last August with 151,000 miles on it, no less! It's rwd, and we were told by the dealer to drive carefully on the snow. I have been riding this car everyday to work and all other places for the past 10 months and love it, even on the snow. For a car which has covered such mind boggling miles, this car rides like a dream. We probably will have to fix the suspension in a couple of months or so, but other than that, this car rides like the powerhouse packet that it is. If you didn't look at the odometer, you could not tell it from it's newer models, the ride is still so tight. It's service history is clean, no rattlings and the gas mileage is great. Love it!

Favorite Features

Great ride, reliability, exterior, interior, style.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that the newest versions have not covered.

Don't buy it!
By ChristyGonz

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

When gas prices started to rise a few years ago I got out of my yukon denali and bought this BMW. It has had 2 window regulators $350.00, 1 new battery $100, a new alternator $400.00 and now the transmission is shot $5300.00. Not to mention a few months ago the car started sparking around the battery which sits in the trunk and cost $9,000 worth of fire damage. This is the WORSE car I have ever owned not to mention the bills to fix these problems. I would not recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and that's about it.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission, regulator, battery, and the car is not very comfortable.

Not reliable
By BM

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2002 because I test drove a friend's car and I loved it. It's a true sport sedan, got enough power, it looks really cool and fun to drive. But the car is not reliable. I have put only 47k miles on it and many things broke down I have to replaced alternator, air blower, power window motor, battery twice, front and rear brake twice and expecting another power window motor. I will not buy a BMW any more.

Favorite Features

External, internal layout.

Suggested Improvements

Need more cup holders, head light relay, improve build quality and reliability.

Get ready for hefty repair bills
By Swooze

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle as a Certified Pre-Owned. Under warranty I had a broken brake caliper and right front window motor replaced. Largest out of pocket expenses are the brake jobs costing $450 or more for either front or rear. Now I'm having a problem with the interior fan blower motor so back to the dealer before my extended warranty runs out in July. The car has truly spectacular handling, but the repair and maintenance costs are the highest of any vehicle I've owned. I will think twice before buying another BMW.

Favorite Features

Handling and corning ability, interior trim, exterior and interior styling.

Suggested Improvements

BMW says they test their vehicles in extreme environments, but after reading about all the complaints and experiencing first hand the problems, I have to wonder where all that money goes.

A Dream Car... But Not Very Practical
By Emiroo

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife and I love the way this car looks and performs so much that we overlook several complaints we have. It's beautiful and handles like a racecar! That being said, the upkeep on a BMW can be crippling. Whatever a part costs for a regular car, double (if not triple) that on a BMW. The trunk & backseat are smaller and not very helpful when we take our 2 children places in it. The stereo is incredibly weak and muddled for a car of this caliber. The door unlock button is right by the poorly placed cupholder making it likey to be the victim of a short after a spill (ours did). Still, the car is a blast to drive and turns heads! Not great for families, but still too much fun to get rid of.

Favorite Features

Visual appeal, power, smooth ride, quiet ride, amenities.

Suggested Improvements

Desperate for a better sound system, redesign/relocate cupholder setup, needs larger trunk, improve (i.e. lower) maintenance costs.