2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2002 BMW 325i Sedan
By MM on 10/11/06 07:03 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the car. I would change a couple of interior design features, but it is exhilarating to drive, gets very good gas mileage for its class and looks great!

Cool Car
By Josh on 08/20/06 08:55 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I just bought this car 3 days ago and so far it has been a dream to drive. The only thing that I'm having a problem with right now is my engine coolant. It's a little low so water had to be added until the dealer can look at it on Monday. Called him yesterday and he said he knows it's not a major problem, probably just that somebody didn't put enough coolant in the car. Other than that, the car handles great in the curves and has good acceleration for an 184 hp car. I love the way it sounds when you give it a little more gas when accelerating.

Mistake?
By Stuck in RI on 04/18/06 19:27 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought a 2002 BMW 325i just a week ago. The few times I've been able to drive it have been a treat. Battery issue when I picked it up - it ended up back at the non-BMW dealer a few days later. Anyways, it ran great for a day - the Steptronic transmission is fun for me and the automatic allows my wife to drive it, too. The car is a sweet metallic gray and rides as nice. I'm hoping the problem can be resolved - two days in the shop and they say the fuel pump needs to be replaced before they can begin to diagnose the charging problem. For now, my '94 318is is keeping me consoled while the drama continues

Great Drive
By E46 on 01/10/06 00:12 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my second 3 series after my E36, 325i. This car drives like a dream! It is not as powerful as I would have liked but it made up in handling. I've owned this car for almost a year now and it has had all 4 power windows and the sunroof repaired. The coating on the center console and cup holder had peeled off. The rubberized coating of the interior is very prone to scratches. After the warranty expires, I'm selling this baby!

I WILL NEVER BUY DOMESTIC AGAIN!
By Tina on 08/29/05 17:30 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This was and is my favorite car by far I have ever owner, its handling, cornerings, styling for the price are by far superier to any other car out there. The reliability in impeccable, as well as the general stylings of the car. I would highly recommend this car to ANYONE! Young/old, male/female!

BMW 3-Series is a MONEY PIT!!
By Roy M. on 08/10/05 19:52 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

While the performance of this vehicle is phenomenal, BMW's commitment to customer service, and establishing brand loyalty is 0. Vehicle reliability is terrible as it has left my wife stranded on several occassions. This year alone I've spent $3,000 in repairs. First the a/c, then 3 of the 4 power window motors went out at the same time, not to mention the times the vehicle has left us stranded. When I contacted the North America Corporate Offices I was simply advised to buy another BMW...no customer goodwill credit for repairs, no complimentary service, No..No..No. In conclusion, not the brand of QUALITY, customer service, and/or commitment they portray to be.

125K and still speeding
By robert on 03/11/05 15:26 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Great car. I've put 125K miles on in 3 years. Only problem was the AC control unit going bad at 90K miles. Which was a $140 fix at the dealer. If you want a car that is trouble free, low maintenance, and fun to drive this is your car.

Finally runs well
By Bigd on 01/18/05 00:21 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Have 35000 miles on the car and it finally runs like it should. The car was so noisy (I was told it was the new plastic air intakes) it sounded like a garbage truck in low gear. Told nothing could be done. Said it would quiet down with mileage. Amazingly it has and now it runs fine. No problems at all mechanically. Still best looking car on the road. It is top of the line and I may just keep it. The 2005 are not much different.

locker
By locker on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

all 4 pwr windows replaced in first 24 months, under warranty consumer reports 2002 top rated car was BMW 5 series...the 330 series was priced about 10 grand less and still got great reviews...I chose the 325, 4 door, non-leather which brought the price down another 4 grand...fun to drive...would purchase another 3 series

Proud To Own
By mikey-fresh on 03/31/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Its one of the best decisions I've ever made. My last car was an Acura Legend and I thought I'd never be able to find a car better than that. Guess I was wrong...