Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

RESEARCHED PURCHASE
By FRANKYPANKY

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

THE BMW 330CI IS AN EXCELLENT DRIVER'S VEHICLE. THE ENGINE, DRIVETRAIN AND SUSPENSION ARE ALL TOP NOTCH. THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION HAS AMPLE POWER IN ANY GEAR, AT ANY SPEED AND IS ALWAYS WILLING (URGING) TO ACCELERATE. NIMBLE IN TRAFFIC, INCREDIBLY RESPONSIVE AND EARNS LOTS OF STARES. CONTROLS ARE INTUITIVE, (SPORT) SEATS ARE COMFY, VISIBILTY EXCELLENT AND DID I MENTION IT'S REALLY FUN/EASY TO DRIVE?

ASTOUNDING DRIVE, FEEL AND HANDLING. WILLING ENGINE/TRANSMISSION.SUPPORTIVE SPORT SEATS. EVEN LOOKS GREAT.

INTERIOR STORAGE SPACE IS AT A PREMIUM. THE SPRINGS SQUEAK DURING INGRESS/EGRESS. PREMIUM FUEL REQ'D. BRAKE DUST. SEATBELTS HARD TO REACH.

well refined inline 6
By retfalvi

2002 BMW 3 Series 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

German mentality to build a car is that they tend not to cut corners in upcoming years and they continuously improving nuances on their cars. I frequently find myself more relaxed listening to the symphony of this inline six than music. Keep your impulses under careful check when you are sure that you have found a finer car, you may find a faster one, but good luck on the other aspects...

Tuning of drive train, engine note, handling when driven hard, and get out of the way of the closing door...it is solid.

Should come with wider tires, no exeption.

A new fan for life....
By Erikadawn

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car with 9000 miles last month after owning a jeep for 6 years. The handling is mind-blowing and the looks are head-turning. I smile every time I look at this car!!! I actually look foward to going to work because it's such a pleasure to drive. I bought a certified pre-owned which I highly recommend. They really take good care of you!

Heated leather seats, sports package (gives the car an entirely different look), xenon headlamps, orange lights that shine down on shifter at night.

Cup holders are ugly and not very sturdy. Other than that, a perfect car.

A real stunner
By billymay

2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought used '02 325Ci with 5K miles, have driven another 1K. This car lives up to the hype. Yes, there are a lot of them, guess why? I compared the BMW against the Audi A4, M- B C-class and Lexus IS. As much as I love my SLK (and kept it for the weekends!), the BMW really begs to be driven. I needed a usable back seat and comfortable highway car -- the 325Ci delivers. I'm no lead foot, and the 184hp is fine. The car's wonderful in everyday driving. I'm sure the M3 and 330Ci fly, but unless your last car was a Corvette you won't feel deprived. The coupe is stylish and scarcer than the sedan, so the "me too" factor isn't bad even here in southern Cal.

One-touch moonroof/windows; steptronic; steering wheel mounted controls; wood trim makes it feel like a luxury car, but it's far more fun to drive than the M-B C-class. None of this sounds like a big deal til you drive another car without them.

CD storage is lacking (the dealer said I could buy a case and clip it to the visor -- kinda lame...), need nighttime illumination for center vent control knob (okay I'm reaching, there's almost nothing I'd change)

BMW 330 convertible
By jack.richardson

2002 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is a great well built car that is fun to drive. The quaility and the performance is fantastic.

automatic top