Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

A "different" 325i
By timothy

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After 4 BMW motorcycles, still had not owned the car. Spotted this one on a reputable lot, had look closely as it looked "different" It was (is) absolutely gorgeous, one owner.Has a M3 front clip (after-market?) 5 speed manual in instead of the usual steptronic, LED rear light buckets Someone had put some money, love and care into this car, impeccable condition.Bought it on the spot (120,000 miles)no problems whatsoever, sounds, handles, drives like a dream, I even love the way it smells. I'm hoping that any of the usual complaints (window regs, tensioners, have been resolved. the only maint regs that came with it are the every 3000 mile oil changes (Castrol synthetic 5-30).

handling, craftmanship, fuel mileage performance,body style, interior layout

none observed yet

Great car overall
By Tooth Fairy

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 325i in 2005, had it for 4.5 years and overall, no major issues. Had to replace rear brakes once, power window motors on all four windows, heating/cooling fan motor, and something pertaining to the coolant hose once. Had to seal it after i had it stuck in the snow, and blew the transmission after going in forward and reverse several times, although I'm uncertain if that was solely on the account of my mistreatment, or it it would have blown regardless. I did love the car overall, and for the majority of the time i owned it, had no major issues. Also had the driver's side seat motor go out once, but it seemed to fix itself.

Handling, exterior appearance & paint, smooth ride for the most part.

sound quality of the radio.

Love love love my bimmer!
By LL

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi since it was purchased new. Prior I had an Audi A4 which is a great vehicle. I love love love my bimmer! It has 118,000 miles and has had no engine or transmission issues. Drives and handles like it's brand new. I'm a stickler for regular maintenance. I've had to replace a battery, window regulators, timing belt, tires, and mostly maintenance items. In the past few years, I've only averaged 5000-6000 miles and it stays garaged. I love the aggressive look and she's a beauty even when parked against the curb. I dislike the new rounded BMW features and feel that BMW is going in the wrong direction trying to make their vehicles look more like Lexus.

Aggressive styling, superb handling/ride and German build quality.

None

I should have taken advice the 1st time
By mikebimmer

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my 2002 BMW 325Xi this year from a private one owner family. Stay away from the dealership. They are very expensive ($140.00 for an oil change). Please, at all cost, if you can, take the time to learn how to work on these cars. With some basic tools, a service manual and some patience, you can do some of your own work. Once I brought my 325Xi home, everything that could go bad went bad. The first problem I incurred was when inserting the key to unlock the door the lock cylinder fell out of the door. All my window regulators failed in all doors. The side mirror cover fell off. The gas mileage is horrible, despite full tuneup. I am unsure if I want to continue ownership.

Nice interior. Well built power plant (e.g. motor/transmission). Quality built frame(Very heavy for a sedan).

Too much plastic components. If BMW would invest in better components, these vehicles would not fall apart so soon after their warranties run out. If you are to charge the amount for these vehicle new, it would be advantageous to provide the consumers with more confidence after the warranty expires.

Radiator Issues
By ptm323

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

70k-100k radiator troubles..HVAC Problems. Super Fun To Drive. No Complaints. Keep an eye out for all Radiator Issues. Driven many well built vehicles, this has been the most solid and fun.

front end and suspension response. Utilizing the Steptronic when it is supposed to.