2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
3 series
By Georgia on 08/01/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car used for my sixteenth birthday. I have been driving it for four years and couldn't have asked for a more reliable vehicle! Minor problems include a reverse light that is easy to fix, a/c with a mind of its own, and temperature readings are never right for whatever reason. Also, I have had people steal the BMW stickers off my rims..but they are cheap and easy to replace. Great vehicle overall!!!

Great car, loving BMW
By bmwphile on 05/24/09 01:59 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I used to own a Mustang GT before my Bimmer. After test driving the BMW I realized what a piece of junk I had been driving. The BMW has been a joy to own with hardly any problems. The steering, handling, and power is ridiculous.

Awesome car
By KSL on 12/30/08 16:10 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Certified Pre-Owned car with 11,000 miles. There were several things that needed replacing that was thankfully covered by warranty. I've had no other problems since the warranty expired a year ago. It's such a fun car to drive and a real head-turner.

Going for 300K
By B on 11/18/08 17:40 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We (wife and I) bought this with 14K on odo. It looked and felt like new even though I was hesitant about the price. It is now 173K still feels like new and looks... well not new but good. These days you need a car to outlast the payments. I plan to go for 300K on this. This is the first car I feel comfortable making that attempt. It has had a few things fail. These were the window regulators (all 4) and a piece of trim. The 3 is a tough little car. Looking to get 2nd one.

2002 330i Sedan
By pimpjuice on 11/14/08 13:24 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and had it ever since. Never seen a mechanic since purchase. I put a custom bodykit, 20 inch rims. cold air intake. Car is awesome and still drives like new. Wished i had got the stick instead. Gas average 27 (city/hwy). that is very good. Good power. I don't know about those who had bad mechanical experience with bmw, But I would love to get another i35, 335 or m3 someday.

My Mother In Law Was Right. Darn it.
By Jaybear on 11/09/08 09:38 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My mother in law had a bad experience with a BMW in the 1980s, and told me that "BMW" stood for "Break My Wallet" when I drove home my beautiful brand new 2002 330i. Well, she was right. In addition to expensive regular maintenance costs, I paid a staggering $10,000 in post-warranty repairs, including a replacement transmission, broken driver's side window motor, radiator leak, tire rims that mysteriously cracked, headlight control switch, and seat motor. When the car worked, it was gorgeous and fun to drive, but not nearly worth the obscene repair costs. Adding insult to injury, my mother in law's judgment was correct, and I just traded in my BMW and then bought a Lexus like she did.

325i
By Armen on 11/01/08 04:46 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 325i have sport,winter & premium packages. I have owned this car for about 8 months, and drove it about 10000 miles. It's been a great car with pleasure to drive specially in handling. Minor problems only once in while check light goes on for back tail light, but it's easy fix. So far, thank god no major problem after driving a lot. I'm very satisfied with this car.

Mixed feelings
By Wheels on 09/20/08 06:12 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought mine used a year ago with about 65K miles. Never owned a more solid car, nothing even close. Makes my in-laws' 2007 Accord feel cheap and gutless. Great ride and handling, good power, 29 mpg, very comfortable (6'2", 225 lbs). But the repairs have me frustrated. Belt idler pulley bearings shot at about 70K miles. AC/Heater blower motor regulator needs replaced (at 86K miles). Trans is making odd noises. Driver's window motor is almost shot. Taillight ground problem. Bad battery. Window trim fell off. None of these are catastrophic, but I've driven many other cars for many more miles before these types of problems arose. I won't buy another one, though the positives make it tempting.

Fantastic Ride!
By Minnie Gupta on 05/26/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We bought our 2002 325i last August with 151,000 miles on it, no less! It's rwd, and we were told by the dealer to drive carefully on the snow. I have been riding this car everyday to work and all other places for the past 10 months and love it, even on the snow. For a car which has covered such mind boggling miles, this car rides like a dream. We probably will have to fix the suspension in a couple of months or so, but other than that, this car rides like the powerhouse packet that it is. If you didn't look at the odometer, you could not tell it from it's newer models, the ride is still so tight. It's service history is clean, no rattlings and the gas mileage is great. Love it!

Don't buy it!
By ChristyGonz on 05/08/08 18:14 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

When gas prices started to rise a few years ago I got out of my yukon denali and bought this BMW. It has had 2 window regulators $350.00, 1 new battery $100, a new alternator $400.00 and now the transmission is shot $5300.00. Not to mention a few months ago the car started sparking around the battery which sits in the trunk and cost $9,000 worth of fire damage. This is the WORSE car I have ever owned not to mention the bills to fix these problems. I would not recommend this car to anyone.