Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Amazing Car
By G

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325ci is everything you could want in a sporty coupe. It's unbelievably responsive and the power is smooth and evenly spread through the RPM's. The handling is air- tight.. you will have nothing to complain about with this car at all... I haven't tried it in the snow yet though but I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

Handling, Cockpit, Acceleration, Comfort... this car has it all...

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Handling by far. Car is incredibly nimble and seems to really hug the road to a point where I almost find most curvey mountain roads a test of my ability to resist breaking the law. The HID headlights and exterior styling are a close second, followed by the sport package option which is a must.

Standard power seats would be nice, though the manual seats I have are quicker to adjust. I would have liked to see a little more torque, since this car seems to fall on its face on hills and steep roads. I also think this car needs better cup holders, one is useless under the armrest.

Another Great 3er
By Chris

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Incredible in every way! After owning many BMWs this is no disappointment. My last was an E36 99 M3. BMW has come a long way in terms of refinement, but build quality has suffered a bit compared to the E36 cars, especially interior. It is nowhere as "raw" as the previous generation, which some owners may see as regression. Smooth torqueband, perfect styling, handling hardwired to your brain. This car is really so much fun to drve and like any other BMW, you love it more and more every day. Reliability is perfect and even maintenance parts are dirt cheap compared to Honda, Toyota, etc. Just know where to look!

Another great engine, smooth transmission, handsome good looks, supple suspension, xenon lights, great HK sound system, rock-solid reliability, cheap parts, great internet member support, monster brakes, sporty exhaust note

Please remove the clutch delay valve(CDV)! I can't drive this thing smoothly! Interior storage space is at a premium. BMW must offer a limited slip diff with this car. A standard alarm would be nice.

Awesome Car... Just Awesome!
By Adam

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, granted I have only had this car for a few days, but I driving it back from Kentucky to Atlanta, I got to know it pretty well. The car is unbelievable! Extremely smooth, stable, quick, predictable, quiet (no squeaks or rattles even on bumpy roads), and most of all.. FUN! I had one small problem with the door weather stripping that I knew about when I purchased it, but BMW fixed it under warranty, so now no problems. I could never buy another vehicle than a BMW. This car gets so many looks too, no matter where I am. It's just a beautiful, awesome car. I love it!

Appearance, FUN factor, handling, Nav system, and interior ergonomics & quality.

The door weather stripping seems to rub against the door, marking up the leather in the door jam. However, it can't be seen unless the door is open. Also, add a sub-woofer to the Harmon Kardon sound.. it needs more bass. It's very clean sound though.

Absolutely fun to drive
By urbina77

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a great to drive! It seems small but when I get in I'm 6'2" 250lbs. the leg room is amazing! The controls are within easy reach and the acceleration is always ready to push it when I need it. Corners are easy to make and the car responds excellent.

the exterior design and acceleration, also cornering

radio/CD sound quality can be improved, speakers rattle when volume turned up, that should not happen with this quality of car.