Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Car - Love to Drive
By Satisfied Owner - 1

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

It was between the 325 and the Infinity G35. For the money, the G35 is probably a better value (bigger engine, more interior room, etc.) but, the 325 has much better/more unique styling and no one confuses it with the Altima. I've owned the BMW for 6 months and I definately would by the BMW again. It is very quick, even the 4 wheel drive and the smaller engine. It holds the road well and is a pleasure to drive. I now understand the reason the magazines compare all the cars in the class to the BMW!

Favorite Features

The 325's engine has plenty of power for most driving. All wheel drive is great on a snowy day and the heated seats get hot very quick.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing missing is lights that turn on and off automatically. Duel climate control would also be a nice addition.

well refined inline 6
By retfalvi

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

German mentality to build a car is that they tend not to cut corners in upcoming years and they continuously improving nuances on their cars. I frequently find myself more relaxed listening to the symphony of this inline six than music. Keep your impulses under careful check when you are sure that you have found a finer car, you may find a faster one, but good luck on the other aspects...

Favorite Features

Tuning of drive train, engine note, handling when driven hard, and get out of the way of the closing door...it is solid.

Suggested Improvements

Should come with wider tires, no exeption.

I love my new car
By monymaxmi

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Before buying this car I was at odds with my old car and really needed a new car.

Favorite Features

The way the car makes you feel like your driving on air.

Suggested Improvements

Somewhat a gas guzzler, but then again I love driving that car!!!!!!!!

Fun To Drive, But.....
By Pro Akron

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW and it's fun to drive and I feel very safe with the AWD and all these airbags. However, the trunk is so small that on a business trip we ended up having to put items on the backseat. The feel of the road is nice for driving but my elderly mother suffers from the bumps and potholes. Next time I will have to look for a larger, smoother riding car.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the steering and handling. I live at the top of a steep curvy road, and I get a thrill daily taking those curves.

Suggested Improvements

My car came with Pirelli tires- which we changed out at 8400 miles. Why they put those horrible tires on an AWD vehicle, I'll never know.

Still a car of aspiration
By kishore

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was going to buy a Passat- my wife liked the Bimmer. Guess what happened? It still turns heads. A cardiologist we know complimented us on our choice. It drives like the premium car it is. The exterior and interior appearance and finish are great (of course), the in-line six is sweet, responsive and torquey, and the steering, handling, suspension and brakes are outstanding. A full roster of luxury amenities are available. Back seat and trunk space are adequate, not generous. Fuel economy is decent. Sticker shock gave way to a warm glow. Isn't that what a car of aspiration should do?

Favorite Features

Safety- All wheel drive, stability and traction control, ABS, xenon lights, air-bags galore. Solid fit and finish. Not a rattle anywhere no matter where you go. Ride, handling, steering, brakes all top notch.

Suggested Improvements

BMW needs to re-evaluate its styling as times change. I would work on the rear end rather than the perfectly proportioned front. Rear view cameras should be offered soon. The 2.5-liter- six is great but a little more grunt and oomph is always welcome.