Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

325i
By deputy

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Car is great fun to drive. Once all the quirks are worked out ( window regulators) car will be fine. Would definetly buy another one if one came along at a great price.

Favorite Features

fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

better window regulators

There's NONE better! :)
By Bimmer4Life

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love, love, love this car! I have the 330i with the high performance package. I have M3 18 inch staggered wheels, M3 steering wheel, navigation system, bi-xenon-auto leveling headlights, rain sensing wipers... the list goes on. I was hesitant to buy this car 2 years ago with 64k on it, but with all of the service records available, I took the risk. I now have 101K on the odometer and it's still purring (or growling with the dual chrome exhaust!) right along! I also have the Harmon Kardon sound system which is awesome. I owned a '98 328i previous to this car and I can't see EVER owning anything but a Bimmer!!

Favorite Features

Quick/responsive engine, tight steering,"'muscle" look and larger tires, front end and the NAVIGATION! I will never own another car without it!

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder/console combo is a bit awkward at times. Coloring is fading off of steering wheel and the color is rubbing off of plastic pieces around cup holders. Nothing major!

Love love love my bimmer!
By LL

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi since it was purchased new. Prior I had an Audi A4 which is a great vehicle. I love love love my bimmer! It has 118,000 miles and has had no engine or transmission issues. Drives and handles like it's brand new. I'm a stickler for regular maintenance. I've had to replace a battery, window regulators, timing belt, tires, and mostly maintenance items. In the past few years, I've only averaged 5000-6000 miles and it stays garaged. I love the aggressive look and she's a beauty even when parked against the curb. I dislike the new rounded BMW features and feel that BMW is going in the wrong direction trying to make their vehicles look more like Lexus.

Favorite Features

Aggressive styling, superb handling/ride and German build quality.

Suggested Improvements

None

2002 330i Sedan
By pimpjuice

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and had it ever since. Never seen a mechanic since purchase. I put a custom bodykit, 20 inch rims. cold air intake. Car is awesome and still drives like new. Wished i had got the stick instead. Gas average 27 (city/hwy). that is very good. Good power. I don't know about those who had bad mechanical experience with bmw, But I would love to get another i35, 335 or m3 someday.

Favorite Features

Sexy looks, power, handling, my 20" rims on it with new bodykit. It's a total new look. This car looks great on bodykit.

Suggested Improvements

More HP, cup holder location, alarm

So far, So good
By scott6364

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Recently bought a 2002 BMW 325xi as a commuting car for future winter use. Love the looks, handling and value for what I paid for it. Previous owner took great care with this BMW. Looks showroom new and clean. No tears, or wear in the interior and the outside looks new. I cannot compare the gas mileage with what my Saab 9-3 gets, as there is no comparing the 2. But for overall handling, BMW has my Saab beat. Of course front wheel drive to all wheel drive makes a difference, but that was to be expected. I took it today up a canyon highway with many turns and elevations. Did not miss a beat on anything. The car corners like it is on rails, and I was totally blown away by how good this car is

Favorite Features

Design of the car, handling on corners, overall comfort. Cannot wait for snow now!