Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Every drive is great !!!
By Brad S

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third BMW . First car was a 1973 3.0 CS , next was a 1976 2002. As a car dealer I get a company car so it's been a long time since I actually owned a car. After Sept 11th I decided to get a " real car" if that makes any sense . I love this car, have a 5 speed w/ Sport package ,Premo pack , Cold pack ,gray leather, Xenon lights & dark blue met paint.In a over a year its been completly problem free . I had to get snow tires living in NY but that,s all .

Favorite Features

The Sport package is a great option , the seats alone are a bargin . With the better tires and wheels along with the sport suspension this is a must. I also love the Xenon lights.

Suggested Improvements

I have a Apple ipod which was I wanted to run through the stereo . I was able to use the cd changer input to hook it up. A factory aux jack would have been a lot easier . I think the new 2004 will have it.It's so nice to have 2000 songs at ny finger tips.

Nice Car
By wuhsi

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Well the car is a bit pricy compares with its competitors. However, with BMW's name, it is worth the money. So far, I haven't had any problem and I follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and some extra services to keep my car in good shape. My final word - "who doesn't like the ultimate driving machine?"

Favorite Features

Great acceleration and handling, I like the steptronic technology!

Suggested Improvements

A/C fan is too noisy and A/C isn't cold. Rear room is small. Harmon Kardon audio system is a bit weak.

Best first car
By stephen

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Wow!! This is such a great car!! I just got it for my 16th birthday! I drove an audi, infiniti, tsx and some may be a little faster but i can't tell. I like the way the steering wheel is really tight. I got the premium and sport package the heated seats xenon lights leather auto wood trim and HK sound system. All of those options are great! You won't regret buying this car.

Favorite Features

Coin holder, tight steering, acceleration, braking, and steptronic transmission.

Suggested Improvements

More storage space. It doesn't really bug me because i don't have a lot of stuff to store but if i did it would.

Great Car, but........
By Somewhat Satisfied

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My car was fine for the first few months, but I've had a problem with the car stalling. I have a 5-speed...when you start it for the first time and let it idle for about 2 minutes in neutral, by feathering the accelerator the car stalls out. This has been happening for months and no dealer has been able to fix the problem!!! BMW customer service has been no help either to date.

Favorite Features

Great handling, simple interior, solid ride. I love the clean lines of the car.

Suggested Improvements

More power in the 325 would be great. Dual zone climate control would be nice.

BMW 3 Series better than ever imagined!
By ras

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the third car I've ever owned, the first two being a Datsun 210 and a Mazda MX-6. I had an inner impulse a couple years ago to begin contemplating a BMW and then it just happened like magic that the perfect vehicle appeared on a nearby lot used with 15,000 miles making it fit within my budget. The vehicle not only has the balance of a 6 year - 100,000 mile warranty but absolutely drives & looks awesome! The manual transmission is beyond words fun to drive and suits my assertive driving style perfectly. If you are a BMW- newbie like me and can get the leather seats, do it! All in all I have never been a "car person" but I am now!

Favorite Features

Gray leather seats, moonroof, gray green metallic paint, 5 speed manual transmission -- I originally only wanted the moonroof option but after getting a fully equipped vehicle I am pleased with just about all the options. Upgraded Harman Kardon stereo sounds terrific too!

Suggested Improvements

I need to get used to the reverse gear shift being so close to first gear -- I do not like the functionality and display of the radio/cd. All vehicles need to have better fuel economy. Car companies continue to perform miserably in this area.