2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Amazing Automobile!
By mentalmijit on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is the best car I've ever owned. The fit and finish on the car are perfect. The cockpit is well laid out and the car fits like a glove. Performance is great, but gas mileage (22 mpg is what we've observed) stinks compared to 30 mpg we got w/ our 00 Jetta GLS. We are delighted with our purchase and look forward to owning many more BMWs over the years.

Fabulous!
By robfan on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330xi AWD 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love every bit of this vehicle. I can see why all the magazines praise the BMW 3 Series. The acceleration and handling is top notch. Every stop light I'm like darting in front of everyone. I got the Electric Red and the exterior will catch every neighbor's attention. The interior quality is elegant with comfortable leather seats. The Harmon/Kardon w/ 12 speakers give great surround sound. Have yet to test it in the rain and snow with AWD but every review has been good about that. I highly recommend it even with it's high price tag, it's worth the money.

Cruising on the East Coast
By lilyfirecracker on 05/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My previous experience with BMW was through my '99 323i 4-door sedan. While I was ecstatic with the car's style and overall performance, winter driving was obscene. In my search for a new, front wheel or all-wheel drive, vehicle I learned of BMW's new AWD sedans. While I regret not getting the sport package (the seats are simply not comfortable for long drives), I couldn't be more delighted with the Premium and Cold Weather packages and Harmon Kardon sound system, all of which include invaluable options. The car drives like a dream, holding the road in the most severe snow storms. I recommend this car to everyone!

One fun car!
By Mavraam on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fantastic car. Handles like a dream, looks great inside and out. Tons of well thought out features, beautifully designed interior. Superb manual transmission, brakes, cornering. Loaded with safety features.

325 I
By deshy on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Excellent car. more expensive then other makes. You pay for every option, but everything is quality and one step above anything else

Bang for you buck
By EJC on 05/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I tested all of the entry level luxury vehicles. Looking for the best value, maintenance, insurance and resale. BMW came out on top. A great balance between sport and luxury. The TL was boring, the A4 lost touch with its sporty side, and IS300 was uncomfortable and the list goes on. Suggestion, if you love to drive, get the car! When you go to buy the car bring the Edmunds information with you. I did and the salesman recognized I did my homework and I got a better deal than the TMV. Thanks Edmunds!!

best car in class
By jasper on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is best in it's class..This is my third BMW and the last two were E36 M3's..This car is as fast as a stock E36 M3...The build quality gets better and better..I have had no problems with my sedan and the dealer is fantastic..If, you want more power just upgrade with dinan products..It does not void the manufacture warr and the dealer can do the install.. Dont skip the sports package...Worth evey penny....... Get the 18" wheel option for 900 bucks its a steal!

BMW-- Simply Excellent
By WarEmblem on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first BMW, and by comparison, no car compares! I am excited about starting off with this level of vehicle. The transmission and engine are golden. I also am learning how to drive a stick--yes, I am learning on my brand-new Bimmer. Nice smooth clutch.

attention
By jojo123 on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This has been the worst car that I have purchased. I am 30 years old I finally was able to afford a BMW, look what I got.I have 20 problems with the in 3 months.I had to a lawyer.I only can use 700 characters that is not enough for me to exlpain all of the problems I which I could.Lots engine, fuel problems, and sunshade failures

Acceleration delay
By cruzer on 05/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I want to love this car, but there is a signicant delay in the acceleration response. I was told by the dealership mechanic that this is a "problem" with the 2002's - a redesign that removed the cabling and now uses electionics instead. Most noticable when road conditions require a quick acceleration, a few times left me questioning the saftey of this "ultimate driving machine." I was told by the dealer that a half-second delay is acceptable (I can hit the floor with the pedal and bring it back up before the engine responds).