Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

So far, So good
By scott6364

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Recently bought a 2002 BMW 325xi as a commuting car for future winter use. Love the looks, handling and value for what I paid for it. Previous owner took great care with this BMW. Looks showroom new and clean. No tears, or wear in the interior and the outside looks new. I cannot compare the gas mileage with what my Saab 9-3 gets, as there is no comparing the 2. But for overall handling, BMW has my Saab beat. Of course front wheel drive to all wheel drive makes a difference, but that was to be expected. I took it today up a canyon highway with many turns and elevations. Did not miss a beat on anything. The car corners like it is on rails, and I was totally blown away by how good this car is

Favorite Features

Design of the car, handling on corners, overall comfort. Cannot wait for snow now!

Love love love my bimmer!
By LL

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my 325xi since it was purchased new. Prior I had an Audi A4 which is a great vehicle. I love love love my bimmer! It has 118,000 miles and has had no engine or transmission issues. Drives and handles like it's brand new. I'm a stickler for regular maintenance. I've had to replace a battery, window regulators, timing belt, tires, and mostly maintenance items. In the past few years, I've only averaged 5000-6000 miles and it stays garaged. I love the aggressive look and she's a beauty even when parked against the curb. I dislike the new rounded BMW features and feel that BMW is going in the wrong direction trying to make their vehicles look more like Lexus.

Favorite Features

Aggressive styling, superb handling/ride and German build quality.

Suggested Improvements

None

I should have taken advice the 1st time
By mikebimmer

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently purchased my 2002 BMW 325Xi this year from a private one owner family. Stay away from the dealership. They are very expensive ($140.00 for an oil change). Please, at all cost, if you can, take the time to learn how to work on these cars. With some basic tools, a service manual and some patience, you can do some of your own work. Once I brought my 325Xi home, everything that could go bad went bad. The first problem I incurred was when inserting the key to unlock the door the lock cylinder fell out of the door. All my window regulators failed in all doors. The side mirror cover fell off. The gas mileage is horrible, despite full tuneup. I am unsure if I want to continue ownership.

Favorite Features

Nice interior. Well built power plant (e.g. motor/transmission). Quality built frame(Very heavy for a sedan).

Suggested Improvements

Too much plastic components. If BMW would invest in better components, these vehicles would not fall apart so soon after their warranties run out. If you are to charge the amount for these vehicle new, it would be advantageous to provide the consumers with more confidence after the warranty expires.

Radiator Issues
By ptm323

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

70k-100k radiator troubles..HVAC Problems. Super Fun To Drive. No Complaints. Keep an eye out for all Radiator Issues. Driven many well built vehicles, this has been the most solid and fun.

Favorite Features

front end and suspension response. Utilizing the Steptronic when it is supposed to.

Fun to drive
By sparky2708

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 5 years now. Last year my transmission had to be replaced and this year both front axles needed to be replaced because the boot leaked. Car is definitely fun to drive but the problems it is starting to have are serious but strange since I only have 44000 miles on the car. Haven't had any accidents so not sure why all these problems started. My advice, if you buy the car consider getting one with an extended warranty - mine paid off big time!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive, great in the snow & rain.

Suggested Improvements

Quality of front end seems to be declining and having a lot of problems with the front-end part of the car.