Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Sedan Consumer Reviews - 89 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Car
By Patreon

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a single college student got my baby straight out of high school with 130,000 miles my car had 220,000 miles on it before I was in a accident and outside of normal wear and tear I never had any problems. Great for traveling, amazing on gas. This car handles amazingly and hugs the road. BMW truly lives up to the name the ultimate driving machine.

Great overall car.
By Jordan

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car after selling my 2000 Audi A4. It's pretty much perfect in every way. Despite what everyone says about it being expensive to maintain, it isn't. Sure, if you take it to the dealer for every little thing then yes, it's expensive. It gets decent MPG, it's quick, it's comfortable, it's nicely equipped, it's gorgeous. The only issues I've had is with the ABS, which every German car has problems with. Mine has now got 207,000 miles and still starts every time. Definitely glad I bought it.

Zippy car to drive!
By Jan

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. The 5 speed transmission is very smooth and it hangs onto a curve like it's on rails! It averages 32-34 mpg when I drive it, 28-30 when my husband drives it. This is a third car and has never been driven in bad weather. We consider it our "fun car".

Awesome, super safe reliable car!!
By Natalie Goodloe

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I owned one of these for a very short 7 months before I got into an accident which totaled the car..): but let me just say, this was my first car as a college commuter student and I absolutely loved it! The gas mileage was wonderful; 35 on highway and about 25 or so in the city. Premium gas is better for the car, but I usually just alternated between premium and regular. Very sleek, attractive car. Everything worked wonderfully, never had any mechanical issues while owning it. My passenger window regulator did break after a few months, however I have heard that this is a fairly common issue in older bmws. I never had a chance to get it fixed, but century bmw said it would only be about $200 to fix. So not too bad! Despite all the rep bimmers get about being expensive cars, yes they can be but they do not break on you very often, especially the e46. I also feel that it's important to note the safety of this car...as I mentioned earlier I was in a head on collision which totaled the car. But I am so thankful that I was in a bmw because both driver/passenger airbags went off, the car "crashed" like it should..I didn't have a single scratch on me. Not even whiplash. Like I said, great first car especially for young drivers!!

Worst Car I've Ever Owned
By joe77y

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I had a 1997 Lexus SC300 I regret selling. Most solid car ever. I owned Chevy, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Lexus and now BMW. 2002 BMW 325i I bought with 128,000 miles and has 130,538 miles now (3 months). Everything that can go wrong with these cars has gone wrong. Sun roof stopped working, Roof leaked whenever it rained, Front lower bushings and ball joint went bad. Rears are bad now. Can't get it aligned at local shops, BMW only. Service engine light on P0171 running lean. Saw big tear in intake tube, fixed. but light still on. Burned 2 1/2 quarts of oil within 2,000 miles. Valve cover leaked. Wipers park 10" high. Passenger rear window rail broke on freeway stuck down. CHEAPEST LUXURY CAR!