Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan Consumer Reviews - 200 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Pretty & fun car but unreliable!
By T.Mk1

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 330i Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car was fun to drive and pretty to look at. HOWEVER, the frequency of breakdowns was relentless. I didn't mind the repair costs, but the fact that this car broke down so many times was stressful. I was stranded on the road 3 times! I did the repairs myself, but the parts I bought for it added up to be $3000. If labor was added, it would've been close to $7000. Here is a list of things that I remember I had to replace on this car: Vacuum lines, secondary air pump, secondary air valve, vacuum solenoid, crankcase valve, control arm bushings, antifreeze reservoir, auxiliary fan, radiator fan, blower motor resistor, 2 window regulators, windshield wiper motor, windshield cowl, fuel filler cap, MAF sensor, camshaft sensor, DISA valve. It was also burning oil every 2000 miles. All of these parts failed within 1 year of owning this car, it had only 120,000 miles. It's true what they say, they are endless money pits. You have been warned. Lesson learned.

Great Car
By Patreon

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a single college student got my baby straight out of high school with 130,000 miles my car had 220,000 miles on it before I was in a accident and outside of normal wear and tear I never had any problems. Great for traveling, amazing on gas. This car handles amazingly and hugs the road. BMW truly lives up to the name the ultimate driving machine.

Great overall car.
By Jordan

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car after selling my 2000 Audi A4. It's pretty much perfect in every way. Despite what everyone says about it being expensive to maintain, it isn't. Sure, if you take it to the dealer for every little thing then yes, it's expensive. It gets decent MPG, it's quick, it's comfortable, it's nicely equipped, it's gorgeous. The only issues I've had is with the ABS, which every German car has problems with. Mine has now got 207,000 miles and still starts every time. Definitely glad I bought it.

Zippy car to drive!
By Jan

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. The 5 speed transmission is very smooth and it hangs onto a curve like it's on rails! It averages 32-34 mpg when I drive it, 28-30 when my husband drives it. This is a third car and has never been driven in bad weather. We consider it our "fun car".

Do not get one! unreliable
By Jade

2002 BMW 3 Series Sedan 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

so unreliable!!! I've spent more than this car is worth in repairs. It's in the shop more than it is on the road. Now there is an electral problem no one can seem to fix. Mine has about 150,000 miles on it, and I've had it for 2 1/2 years. I've spent over $5,000 in repairs, and the car was $7,500. I still owe $3,500 on it. My advice get a Chevy.