2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Fun and Stylish
By Hughes on 04/08/07 19:43 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car because my Honda Accord lacked fun and perfomance. Looked at a BMW Z3 but wasn't willing to go from a sedan to no storage at all. This was the perfect compromise. Surprisingly has a decent size backseat and backseat leg room for a coupe.

Worth the Aggravation
By RAB on 12/21/06 19:57 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

OK, I've had problems. Most recently the alternator overcharging. BUT - there is nothing else like this car at this price point. I bought a fully loaded low mileage '02. Once you familiarize yourelf with the Steptronic transmission, you will never buy another brand of car - the performance is that good. And you have to consider the real source for a lot of the little issues - Germans simply do not care about brake dust, wind noise, or cup holders. They want a fast sport coupe that handles well and stops well - period. If you like driving, then the 330Ci is for you.

Wow !!
By Chris on 07/24/06 04:22 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is amazing. My girlfriend and I were looking for a nice used luxury sports car and i had read many reviews on this vehicle. The reviews don't do it justice. This car is very quick and very nimble. I was really suprised at how much life this car has left in it with having 68K on the odometer but it purrs like a kitten. It also has great curb appeal. If you are looking for a great handling sports car, look no further. This car has it all and then some. The only downside is the interior plastic door handles squeak a bit. This may be do to the fact that the previous owner may have had them taken off the car.

BMW 325ci
By JACEK on 12/31/05 16:19 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car on 12/3/05. The car is absolutely mint with sports package and clear euro lenses plus 5- speed manual. It has 42,000 miles on the speedometer. This beemer is absolutely great. The styling in and out, brakes, cornering. I love to take it on serpentine roads and zoom thru the turns. Acceleration seems to be sluggish a little bit from 0-60, However when you reach 60 forward it feels like a bullet. The maintenance can be vey expensive. After 3 weeks of ownership and hard usage of brakes. My brake light came on. I went to the local dealership and was told I need to wait 2.5 months for the first spot cost ($600).I did job myself for $120.

BEST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By Matt on 12/11/05 21:25 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely the best car I've ever owned. Could tell the second I started the test drive. My first road trip summarizes it all. 1200 Miles from LA to Lake Tahoe and Back. 4 People in the car, full trunk, AC on, many 100+mph sprints, two over 120, 130 top speed, and two passengers SOUND ASLEEP AT 130MPH!! Up to well over 7000 ft on the Climb up to the summit, driving around for a week at altitude in city driving conditions. Round trip gas mileage 28.6 MPG!!! AMAZING AUTOMOBILE, the quintessential BMW, 2.5L inline six + manual transmission + two door coupe= BMW!! Definitely the ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE!!

Amazing Car
By G on 08/23/05 13:19 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

The 325ci is everything you could want in a sporty coupe. It's unbelievably responsive and the power is smooth and evenly spread through the RPM's. The handling is air- tight.. you will have nothing to complain about with this car at all... I haven't tried it in the snow yet though but I don't think it should be too much of an issue.

A damn good car, but "ultimate"?
By Sean on 06/22/05 16:10 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 325Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

BMW prides themselves as the ultimate driving machine, and while this may be true in comparison to some cars on the market, I can certainly say that i've driven plenty of cheaper and more thrilling cars on the market, my wife's 2004 Honda S2000 being one of them. Overall this car has been great outside one annoying problem, the driver's side door handle. Twice since I've had it now it has broken to where the door could only be opened from the inside (thank god for auto down windows on the remote). Other than that little issue, this car is both a joy and pleasure to drive. Coming from a former Acura CL Type-S owner, I will say that this car performs just as well, without the tranny woes

Another Great 3er
By Chris on 03/29/05 19:09 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Incredible in every way! After owning many BMWs this is no disappointment. My last was an E36 99 M3. BMW has come a long way in terms of refinement, but build quality has suffered a bit compared to the E36 cars, especially interior. It is nowhere as "raw" as the previous generation, which some owners may see as regression. Smooth torqueband, perfect styling, handling hardwired to your brain. This car is really so much fun to drve and like any other BMW, you love it more and more every day. Reliability is perfect and even maintenance parts are dirt cheap compared to Honda, Toyota, etc. Just know where to look!

Awesome Car... Just Awesome!
By Adam on 03/02/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Okay, granted I have only had this car for a few days, but I driving it back from Kentucky to Atlanta, I got to know it pretty well. The car is unbelievable! Extremely smooth, stable, quick, predictable, quiet (no squeaks or rattles even on bumpy roads), and most of all.. FUN! I had one small problem with the door weather stripping that I knew about when I purchased it, but BMW fixed it under warranty, so now no problems. I could never buy another vehicle than a BMW. This car gets so many looks too, no matter where I am. It's just a beautiful, awesome car. I love it!

Absolutely fun to drive
By urbina77 on 02/15/05 15:15 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Coupe 330Ci Rwd 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a great to drive! It seems small but when I get in I'm 6'2" 250lbs. the leg room is amazing! The controls are within easy reach and the acceleration is always ready to push it when I need it. Corners are easy to make and the car responds excellent.