Used 2002 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Top Notch Vehicle
By Sully

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This has been a great car and one of the best I have own. For a convertible it is very practical although not very fuel economical. Overall have had very very few problems and the car always provides a great driving experience.

Favorite Features

Top down as often as possible, power seat options, driving experience, heated seats and colour.

Suggested Improvements

(Small complaint) better trim quality i.e. glove box sticks and side molding coming unattached. (Big complaint) don't like the passenger side mirror tilting down when reversing, but maybe that can be reprogrammed (after all this time!).

I hate this car
By K Harney

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

There is always something wrong with this car. The top quit working, the trunk lid won't catch properly, the all-window switch broke, the auto door locks stick, the brake rotors are wear items(!!), the covering has worn off the center console, the glove box won't open. I will admit it drives great, but I cannot accept the constant stream of annoyances. BMW customer care couldn't care less. I'll NEVER own another BMW.

Favorite Features

It's fun to drive, even if it seems as though half of the trips are to the dealer to get it fixed. It looks really good with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Get the quality under control. And make the stereo controls understandable.

Truly the ultimate driving machine!
By nutty4gymn

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have had this car now for a year and absolutely love it! It is the best vehicle that I have ever owned (this is the 14th car I have owned). The traction control in the winter made the driving a breeze on slick roads and the ABS brakes have saved my life a couple times. The speed control on the sound system makes driving with the top down fun since the radio volume takes care of its self. I would recommend this car to anyone!

Favorite Features

Traction control and auto climate control are the best. Truly drive in comfort and never worry about adjusting anything other than your own butt in your seat! :-)

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement I would make is to reduce the wind blowing the back of your head while driving on the highway with the top down - but this is the same on all of the convertibles I have had. BMW does offer an accessory to block this wind but the cost is about $475, a bit steep.

Excellent choice
By Jqck

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I switched to it from a 5-years old Mazda 626. The feel of improvement on the handling was instantaneous. It's quite a contrast. It turns my daily commute into an enjoyment. I was surprised to find how quiet it is no matter the roof is up or down.

Favorite Features

automatic roof operation.

Suggested Improvements

1) operate the roof top with the remote entrance key. 2) get ride of the myrtle wood shift knob. It always reminds me of a bold head with a big nose when I sit in the car. (Or, perhaps put a BMW logo on top of the knob.) 3) better radio/stereo in standard setup

SWEEET
By JDM

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My wife fell in love with it on the show room floor. I fell in love on the great River Road. This is by far the best car I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

Leather, heated seats