2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Satisfied 2nd owner
By gsr on 12/24/09 10:37 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the car when it was 8 months old w/ 3500 miles and have enjoyed it ever since. I bought snow tires for the winter, and use the summer tires at other times for performance. In 6 years of ownership, I've had the muffler replaced twice for noise (worked fine), the cd changer replaced for skipping, a tension pulley replaced for recall, and the control arms replaced once. This car is still a lot of fun to drive and it's never left me stranded. Occasionally the front headlight doesn't come on right away, but it always does eventually. I think it's a great mix of performance and value, and I've been extremely satisfied. I'm 6'4", and it's tough to find a comfortable car - this is one!

Car Seats
By China Anne on 10/28/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this car because I wanted a fun sporty number and was not disappointed. The car is wonderful to drive and if amazing even on long trips.

Not So Reliable, Not so Swift
By HSD on 07/06/07 14:15 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I'm often amazed at how so many reviewers who have only test driven the BMW so readily heap its praise. I've owned a 330Ci Convertible now through 60,000 miles. In the last two years alone it has been in the shop for major repairs nine times. Count: new transmission, new alternator, battery, and ECU, new radiator, water pump, and impeller, new radio, new seat cover. Most recently it requires a new brake caliper, rotor and pads. I've come to understand that BMW really means, "Breaking Motor Woerken." There is a reason BMW offers such attractive leases on their cars: The only way worth driving one is as a rental.

I'm Hooked
By Dave on 06/04/07 13:58 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I recently traded in my perfectly fine 2006 Honda Civic EX coupe for this car, and I absolutely love it. I was looking for a little more fun than the Honda provided, and also something the family would enjoy. This car is all that you read about and more. It offers the perfect blend of fun, performance, and practicality. This is my first venture into BMW-land, and I'm hooked so far. I was looking for a used model with low miles, and I came across my 2002 330 CiC with just 38,400 miles and a clean Carfax. The beauty of BMWs is that they often look much younger than they actually are. I walked away with my "almost new" car for just $25k, down from $46k new. Very happy so far.

Reliable for a Eurocar; never go back..
By ojc on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is much more than I would have expected. Souperb fit/finish. The most precise car ever. Not Toyota reliability but under free maintenance and easy loaner-based service, who cares? There is nothing like this car. You must oown it to believe it (and I was always skeptical about those owners that said the same thing!)

sweet ride
By snegius on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I save this car for April to October driving only. It has been a blast to drive and own. Not quite the performance of the mighty M3, but close enough. I'd buy another one in a minute.

BMW: the ultimate driving machine
By mcintyrecd on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love this car. The only thing I would like better is if it had a sixth gear. It revvs high in 5th which decreases hwy gas mileage. It's at about 3000 rpm at 70 mph. But the new 330 manual has a sixth gear, so they fixed that problem! The driving is the best part. It handles like a dream. And the top goes down in about 25 seconds, fully automatic.

Smile Machine!
By cablover on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I am very impressed with the sound insulation in the car. A previous 911 cab owner and swearing I would never buy another convertible because of noise, this car converted me back. A daily driver (that now sits next to a 911 coupe) has similar handling and performance characteristics, simply without the hp. I offers huge fun factor - especially with the top down, but the wind deflector is a must for comfortable ride and therefore not that rear passenger friendly.

love it
By GSR on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned several BMWs, this is by far the best. I'm 6'-4" and this is one of the few sports cars I can ride comfortably in. The performance is amazing, and I make lots of extra trips just to drive the car. I have really enjoyed it. Ditto on the concern about the long interval between oil changes.

Still Smiling!
By Gait0r on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series Convertible 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Had this car a little over a year as a mid-life crisis solver. I smile every time I drive it. A real head turner. Not real keen on the oil-change schedule. Never gone that long before. The car is a blast to drive, especially in the mountains of NC.