2002 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
2002 BMW 325i
By mikhiett on 03/01/14 07:58 AM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned my car for 1 year, 2 months now. I have Oriental Blue paint, black tinted windows, gray leather interior, and 17" optional rims. Automatic M/S transmission. Xenon headlights that light up the entire road. Excellent gas mileage. This car accelerates fast, looks good, sounds good, and has been very reliable with 126k miles. I bought this car with 116k miles. I changed the oil with a special Belgium imported synthetic oil 10k ago. The only expenses I have had are 4 new tires, control arm bushing, valve cover gasket, coolant hose, and fuel pump relay; all total cost under $1500 including tire price, parts, and shop labor. This car is definitely a keeper.

Solid machine (Automatic)
By jdez09 on 03/28/11 09:53 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I recently sold my 93 Lexus LS400 for the newer and smaller BMW 325i. Man what a difference. This car has less horses than the old lex but i would prefer the 180 some-odd horses to be called clydesdales because of how fast this thing takes off! It's quick, and feels light but is actually a heavy car. The safety of these things are out the roof. Great build quality and materials inside and out are easy to maintain and clean. Gas mileage is great, I have driven on highways and have averaged over 40 mpg with careful pedal use. City miles aren't near as good but it balances out very well. DONT USE REGULAR GAS! It lowers your fuel economy, these cars are made to perform efficiently with 93 Ot

A "different" 325i
By timothy on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

After 4 BMW motorcycles, still had not owned the car. Spotted this one on a reputable lot, had look closely as it looked "different" It was (is) absolutely gorgeous, one owner.Has a M3 front clip (after-market?) 5 speed manual in instead of the usual steptronic, LED rear light buckets Someone had put some money, love and care into this car, impeccable condition.Bought it on the spot (120,000 miles)no problems whatsoever, sounds, handles, drives like a dream, I even love the way it smells. I'm hoping that any of the usual complaints (window regs, tensioners, have been resolved. the only maint regs that came with it are the every 3000 mile oil changes (Castrol synthetic 5-30).

Great car overall
By Tooth Fairy on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased the 325i in 2005, had it for 4.5 years and overall, no major issues. Had to replace rear brakes once, power window motors on all four windows, heating/cooling fan motor, and something pertaining to the coolant hose once. Had to seal it after i had it stuck in the snow, and blew the transmission after going in forward and reverse several times, although I'm uncertain if that was solely on the account of my mistreatment, or it it would have blown regardless. I did love the car overall, and for the majority of the time i owned it, had no major issues. Also had the driver's side seat motor go out once, but it seemed to fix itself.

Fun to Drive but expensive to maintain
By DJ on 08/29/09 20:40 PM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I love the handling of my 325. I have encountered several problems with the car which it continues to add up. I have had three window regulators break which the company is aware of the problem, but will not do a recall. The rotors cannot be turned so brakes cost $400 just for the front. I had a bushing replaced which BMW dealership didn't put the parts back on the vehicle correctly. Be prepared when you go for an oil change, you will end up paying for more than a simple oil change. I can't believe the amount of magazines praising BMW cars. The magazines never mention anything about reliability or the lack of. I am disappointed with the quality of my 325.

3 series
By Georgia on 08/01/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car used for my sixteenth birthday. I have been driving it for four years and couldn't have asked for a more reliable vehicle! Minor problems include a reverse light that is easy to fix, a/c with a mind of its own, and temperature readings are never right for whatever reason. Also, I have had people steal the BMW stickers off my rims..but they are cheap and easy to replace. Great vehicle overall!!!

Awesome car
By KSL on 12/30/08 16:10 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I bought this Certified Pre-Owned car with 11,000 miles. There were several things that needed replacing that was thankfully covered by warranty. I've had no other problems since the warranty expired a year ago. It's such a fun car to drive and a real head-turner.

Going for 300K
By B on 11/18/08 17:40 PM (PST)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

We (wife and I) bought this with 14K on odo. It looked and felt like new even though I was hesitant about the price. It is now 173K still feels like new and looks... well not new but good. These days you need a car to outlast the payments. I plan to go for 300K on this. This is the first car I feel comfortable making that attempt. It has had a few things fail. These were the window regulators (all 4) and a piece of trim. The 3 is a tough little car. Looking to get 2nd one.

325i
By Armen on 11/01/08 04:46 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

My 325i have sport,winter & premium packages. I have owned this car for about 8 months, and drove it about 10000 miles. It's been a great car with pleasure to drive specially in handling. Minor problems only once in while check light goes on for back tail light, but it's easy fix. So far, thank god no major problem after driving a lot. I'm very satisfied with this car.

Mixed feelings
By Wheels on 09/20/08 06:12 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought mine used a year ago with about 65K miles. Never owned a more solid car, nothing even close. Makes my in-laws' 2007 Accord feel cheap and gutless. Great ride and handling, good power, 29 mpg, very comfortable (6'2", 225 lbs). But the repairs have me frustrated. Belt idler pulley bearings shot at about 70K miles. AC/Heater blower motor regulator needs replaced (at 86K miles). Trans is making odd noises. Driver's window motor is almost shot. Taillight ground problem. Bad battery. Window trim fell off. None of these are catastrophic, but I've driven many other cars for many more miles before these types of problems arose. I won't buy another one, though the positives make it tempting.