Used 2002 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Great Car
By Patreon

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I'm a single college student got my baby straight out of high school with 130,000 miles my car had 220,000 miles on it before I was in a accident and outside of normal wear and tear I never had any problems. Great for traveling, amazing on gas. This car handles amazingly and hugs the road. BMW truly lives up to the name the ultimate driving machine.

Great overall car.
By Jordan

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I got this car after selling my 2000 Audi A4. It's pretty much perfect in every way. Despite what everyone says about it being expensive to maintain, it isn't. Sure, if you take it to the dealer for every little thing then yes, it's expensive. It gets decent MPG, it's quick, it's comfortable, it's nicely equipped, it's gorgeous. The only issues I've had is with the ABS, which every German car has problems with. Mine has now got 207,000 miles and still starts every time. Definitely glad I bought it.

Zippy car to drive!
By Jan

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is a fun car to drive. The 5 speed transmission is very smooth and it hangs onto a curve like it's on rails! It averages 32-34 mpg when I drive it, 28-30 when my husband drives it. This is a third car and has never been driven in bad weather. We consider it our "fun car".

Do not get one! unreliable
By Jade

2002 BMW 3 Series 325xi AWD 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

so unreliable!!! I've spent more than this car is worth in repairs. It's in the shop more than it is on the road. Now there is an electral problem no one can seem to fix. Mine has about 150,000 miles on it, and I've had it for 2 1/2 years. I've spent over $5,000 in repairs, and the car was $7,500. I still owe $3,500 on it. My advice get a Chevy.

Awesome, super safe reliable car!!
By Natalie Goodloe

2002 BMW 3 Series 325i Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I owned one of these for a very short 7 months before I got into an accident which totaled the car..): but let me just say, this was my first car as a college commuter student and I absolutely loved it! The gas mileage was wonderful; 35 on highway and about 25 or so in the city. Premium gas is better for the car, but I usually just alternated between premium and regular. Very sleek, attractive car. Everything worked wonderfully, never had any mechanical issues while owning it. My passenger window regulator did break after a few months, however I have heard that this is a fairly common issue in older bmws. I never had a chance to get it fixed, but century bmw said it would only be about $200 to fix. So not too bad! Despite all the rep bimmers get about being expensive cars, yes they can be but they do not break on you very often, especially the e46. I also feel that it's important to note the safety of this car...as I mentioned earlier I was in a head on collision which totaled the car. But I am so thankful that I was in a bmw because both driver/passenger airbags went off, the car "crashed" like it should..I didn't have a single scratch on me. Not even whiplash. Like I said, great first car especially for young drivers!!