Best Ragtop For The Money
By ElectricCatfish on
2001 BMW 3 Series 330Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl 5M)
After being a loyal Jag owner I went back to Bavaria and I'm not disappointed. After spending time in numerous droptops ranging from the cramped Boxster to the ample powered XK8 I stumbled upon an 01 330CiC with 40k on the clock and ohhhh was I ever sold after the initial test drive. The build quality is incredible (far above the XK) and the performance is all there (I can't imagine this car with the M engine). The top drops with the push of a button and is silky smooth. The premium/sport options give you all the luxuries you want: xenons, hotseats and H/K audio for starters and interior noise is deathly quiet even at 100. There simply isn't a more perfect ragtop under $30k.
Favorite Features
Performance & handling! Interior room and quality (I'm 6'2" and can crawl around detailing with the top up without complaints). Sport and Premium Packages complete the masterpiece. Ease of use of audio/climate control, Incredible lack of interior noise for a convertible.
Suggested Improvements
Make 18" wheels standard and throw in a mesh windscreen from the factory and perfection is achieved. That's about it for now. I could grumble about expensive service fees but I consider it a membership fee of the "My Car Will Not Be Lost In a Mall Parking Lot" club.