2001 BMW 3 Series Consumer Review: What a Thrill

2001 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Review

2001 BMW 3 Series

What a Thrill
By BMWNewbie on

2001 BMW 3 Series 325Ci Rwd 2dr Convertible (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car used with 70,018 miles from a reputable BMW dealer. This is my first BMW. I was skeptical buying this car with so many miles but have no regrets. Purchasing this car from a "BMW Dealer" helped ease my worries. I subsequently had the car checked by a certified BMW mechanic. The Dealer replaced the control arms, tires, brakes, and rotors. It helped that this car had only "one owner," I only replaced the thermostat at 79K miles. It was suggested I replace the overflow bottle as well before driving from Philadelphia, PA to Tulsa, OK (1300 total miles). Since then, I have driven to Philadelphia (2600 total miles) and back to Tulsa with no problems.

The convertible top is the best! This is my second convertible. My first convertible was a Triumph Spitfire with a manual top. Interior is well designed and the handling is by far one of the best experience of any sports car I've driven. I love the sound of the engine when changing gears...SWEET!!!!!

Cheaper price for the battery. I replaced the battery at 80K miles at a whopping cost of $304, Ouch!! Definitely would love the Sport Package with the boosted padded seats (heated) and HK sound system. I can do without the 17" sport tires since the ride would be not as smooth with the 15" tires.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review